Yes, yes. The Mackrory family is still alive. I have gone to my blog several times in the last few days so that I can visit others' blogs and everytime I do I think, "I need to start posting about all of the things that we have been doing." And then I remember obstacle #1: the 300+ pictures that I would have to sort through for just that one post. I must say, I love digital cameras because you can snap any picture you want and it doesn't cost a cent. So, I snap and snap and snap and snap (you get the idea) in the attempt to get "the perfect" shot. I am coming to the realization (it has taken way too long), that, although it doesn't cost a cent in film or development, it costs a whole lot in the way of time! We have so many pictures (like thousands of them) that need to be sorted through. I need to delete the blurry and silly ones, and organize, save, and back up the ones that we actually want to keep for a while. And then choose and print the ones that we actually want a hard copy of. Ugh.
If that doesn't stop me from posting, obstacle #2 does. I want to do a slideshow for my next post, so that it doesn't take up half a mile. My wonderful sister, Michelle, despite being a new mother who just moved across the country and became a law widow, took the time to type up detailed directions of how to create a slideshow in Picasa. She also physically showed me how to do it when we were in St. George. So why is it an obstacle? I haven't actually done it. I know it is stupid, but new things are daunting to me. Even though I have directions, for some reason it looms untouchable above my head. Silly.
If that doesn't stop me from posting, obstacle #2 does. I want to do a slideshow for my next post, so that it doesn't take up half a mile. My wonderful sister, Michelle, despite being a new mother who just moved across the country and became a law widow, took the time to type up detailed directions of how to create a slideshow in Picasa. She also physically showed me how to do it when we were in St. George. So why is it an obstacle? I haven't actually done it. I know it is stupid, but new things are daunting to me. Even though I have directions, for some reason it looms untouchable above my head. Silly.
Maybe I should attack each obstacle in different posts. Do a post 1/2 mile long containing the lucky selected ones from the 300+ pictures I have to sort through. Then do a slideshow post soon thereafter when I don't have so many pictures to choose from. Here's to hoping that I actually can attack obstacle #1 sometime in the next year. :) But until then, I'll post the recipe that Blake asked me to post.
That isn't so daunting.
2 comments:
When you're ready to do it, call and I'll walk you through it.
I love your blog and look forward to the next show. Perhaps even more than your full blog, I love the side bar bits about the children. Brielle applies so much logic to what she learns (as in the "medium" story) and Nathan is just like Jared was - catching on to all sorts of things when it is not apparent. Thanks so much for doing this!
Post a Comment