Saturday, August 29, 2009

Whole Wheat Muffins

1 c. oil (Can replace all or half with applesauce)
2 eggs
1 t. salt
2 c. brown sugar
2 c milk
4 c wheat flour
2 t vanilla
2 t baking soda

Mix above ingredients. Put into muffin tins. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. Makes just under 3 dozen.

My children LOVE, I mean LOVE, these muffins. These are the muffins from the famous "fuffin and the seagulls" story. They are my favorite thing to take to friends who have just had babies as they are easy to eat and at least somewhat healthy with applesauce and whole wheat flour and are, therefore, perfect for the starving nursing mother.

7 comments:

Kay Hinton said...

Wahoo!!!!! These are to die for. Those lucky seagulls!

Blake said...

FUFFINS!!! WOOHOO!!!

James and Tricia Thomas said...

Sounds good! I think I will try those even though generally if I read whole wheat I run FAST!!

Brian said...

If these are the same muffins you made us, we'll have to try them ourselves! They were sooo good!! --definitely not the stereotypical whole what muffins

The Freed Family said...

My kids hate all muffins, except poppyseed.....but I am going to try these anyway.

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Sounds good! When do you want to come make them for me?

Blake said...

Hey Kristen, I just came up with a suggestion last night. I made the fuffins, but I tweaked the recipe a little bit. I finely grated a carrot into the mix and it didn't alter the taste at all. A great way to get more veggies in the diet! I might try a little bit of flax seed (for more fiber) in it as well next time and I'll let you know how it goes.