One of the decisions of the week was figuring out what we wanted the outside of our house to look like. Much to our childrens' chagrin we drove around many neighborhoods looking for rock, colors etc. We found a house that we LOVED:
This house is actually for sale and we went through it a couple of times on our house hunting trip. We liked it. But the inside is a bit small (especially the kitchen) and it is all dark wood. I really want light wood. I feel so much happier when the world is light all around me. It is also on a small lot, without much room for a garden. So, we decided it wasn't the house for us, but we still love the outside.
Isn't that rock beautiful?!?
So, after taking some pictures (of this and many other homes) we came home and Jared used paint and Powerpoint to create this mock elevation of our future house.
I was quite impressed with his skills. He just took different parts of the pictures we had taken and pieced them together and got our house. We played with the colors a bit and this is what we like best. We will probably add shutters to the far left window. We will do them the same color as the shake siding in the gables.
4 comments:
It's gorgeous! Why am I not surprised that Jared could do that? That guy can do anything. Nice work!
You have good taste. What an amazing home, and impressive that Jared could do that!
Way to do your homework! We're so excited for the adventure you're enjoying.
I love the colors and the rock. Good job Jared. I also loved Brielle's dad interview. So cute!
Post a Comment