Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Today's EXCITING Field Trip

Seeing the "mixer mixer"!
At our new house!!
Pouring our basement walls!!!

Day 4
This is how our house looked at 2:00 today when we stopped by to check it out. One of the workers kindly informed us that the cement mixer would be there from 3:00-5:00. Excited, we went home, got some chairs, popped some popcorn (okay, we didn't really pop popcorn, but we should have!) and went out to enjoy the show.

Filling the metal fittings with cement.
Nathan was mesmerized for a whole hour. (I did have to wake him up when we got there because he had fallen asleep in the car, so that might have something to do with it. But he perked right up when he heard the sounds of the big trucks.)
Day 1:
The hole for our home was scheduled to be dug last Thursday. Wednesday we had a terrible storm come through that DUMPED tons of water and caused a lot of flooding of homes, streets etc. (It also brought with it tornado watches which caused the hospital (at least parts of it) to be evacuated to the basement while I was there for my appointment with my baby doctor.) We were pretty sure that meant no digging the next day. The kids and I drove out there Friday morning after dropping Jared off at work and were thrilled to find a huge hole AND a digger starting on Day 2.

A shot from farther back
Day 2
This is what it looked like at the end of Day 2.
We found this new sign extremely funny. One other house is going in right now at the top of the subdivision and this is a shot of their backdoor neighbors. Do you think he is trying to deter getting neighbors? Maybe?
We also met both of our neighbors during the last couple of days. We are really excited about them. They seem to be very kind, wonderful families. I think we will enjoy getting to know them better. One of them has a daughter Brielle's age (Hooray!) and the other has a great babysitter!
Disclaimer: I still have a wonderful family reunion to blog about. Jared started work last week (and is loving it) and the kids and I are getting back into a routine (we are enjoying that too). I am still playing a bit of catch up with all of the stuff on my list so hopefully I will get to my catch up blogging SOON!

10 comments:

Bonnie said...

If that signs is to discourage neighbors, they don't know about Jared. He will love it to have animals nearby.

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I just can't believe they are calling you PIGS! Well, you ARE coming soon!!! Our NEW house is going to be for sale by Friday this week - we have to get rid of one of these. Maybe we will ditch both and move to Cheeseville...

Jamie said...

so exciting! I am glad Jared is liking it and I am glad you get to get back into a schedule :)

sara cardon said...

How fun! Your new house looks like it will be amazing. I like the family picture at the top-- Brielle looks like a mini-version of you!

Shonna said...

What a fun field trip. How cool that it's for your own house. That's super exciting! Love the sign.

Michelle said...

It looks like you will have a GORGEOUS view! Aaahhh . .. it's like Anne of Green Gables; I love it! I'm so happy for you! You are doing a great job at documenting the progress of your home. I can't believe they already have so much done; that is awesome! You are so cute to make a field trip out of it. I bet Nathan LOVED all of the big machines. He DOES look very focused. Cute pic. No worries about not blogging the reunion yet - I'd say you've got just a LITTLE bit going on in your life right now. :) That sign IS hilarious, btw.

James and Tricia Thomas said...

That is so exciting to watch your house being built! I am laughing at the sign!

Joan Morris said...

I'm so excited to watch the progress of your new home. What a fun adventure to share with your kids. Hopefully the pigs won't be too pungent :(

Jessica said...

How fun to watch your new house being built. And I'm still laughing at that sign!

whitney said...

Yay! Progression!