Saturday, September 18, 2010

Autumn Activity

Yes. Autumn is here. It was here before September was! I wasn't ready for it then, but yesterday morning I finally embraced that summer is over and was craving some type of Fall food. We didn't have any pumpkin in the house, so we decided to make...
Crispy and Creamy Doughnuts!
The kids and I had a blast making them.
Cutting them out
Frying them (I know, something made from pumpkin would have been healthier, but still...)
Letting them drain and cool
Glazing them Eating them! Yum.

8 comments:

Kay Hinton said...

Oh my goodness, those look delicious. I didn't know you knew how to make doughnuts. You are your Grandma Hinton's granddaughter. She was famous for her homemade doughnuts. Oh, and I love Brielle's necklace.

Michelle said...

WOW! I don't usually go for donuts, but those look incredible. I love Nathan's face as he is cutting them out - excitement! You are such a fun Mom!

Joan Morris said...

Yum, your donuts look delicious! What a fun fall family project.

the harrisons said...

You are amazing! Those look incredible.

Sarah said...

Yum! I have friends that make Alton Brown's doughnuts every Halloween. Now I'm definitely craving these things.

JGEM said...

I want this recipe too! It sounds like a fun FHE activity. Meg just started actually coloring too. I love it!

Pal & Hatty said...

Your donuts look delicious! What a fun activity for your family! Your kids are so cute!!!

KaraLynne and Andy said...

Those look a-maze-ing!