Brielle started school this week! In some school districts here in Wisconsin, they start public school at 4 years old. They have 4K 4 days a week for 3 hours each day. Sounds a bit like kindergarten to me. When I first heard about it my heart sank. I didn't want to send my daughter to school a year earlier. When Brielle first heard about it, her heart leaped for joy and has ever since. She couldn't wait to start school! For the most part, I have come to accept the fact that she is starting school and it has been so fun to watch her look forward to, prepare for, and go to school.
- It was cute to watch her faithfully mark off the 2 countdown charts she created (one for the number of days left until school started and one for the number of nights left). Jared and I were grateful she was able to answer her own question of how many days were left that she undoubtedly asked numerous times daily.
- It was fun to take her "school shopping" and let her try on clothes in a fitting room for the very first time (I have such good memories of doing that with my Mom and sisters through the years).
- It was endearing to watch her pack her backpack over and over with things she might need at school and things she wanted to give to or show her teacher.
- It was exciting to see her excitement at going to see her classroom and meet her teacher at back to school night.
- It was wonderful to hear all about her first 2 days and the exciting things she did.
Ready or not, my little girl is growing up. Man, I love her!
11 comments:
Aahh! This can't be happening! She looks so cute. I love you Brielley Lu!!!
What a cute little girl! I'll bet she was just thrilled to start school. She's such a good little learner and so interested in so many things. Good luck Brielle!
Yay Brielle!!! You are getting so big. I love your new outfit; your skirt is so cute! And your hair is adorable. I can't believe you're already going to school.
She is SO sweet! I can't believe that she is old enough for school; crazy! Lu, you did a great job on that hair - it's adorable. Way to go to both of you - to Mom AND Brielle!
WWWAAAAAAHHHHHH!!! Stop getting big!
You are good mom.
What a big girl!!! It's hard to watch them grow up!
Zach has loved his first four days of kindergarten. He is one of the older ones so he was so ready to go. Tyson and I miss him---but it is nice to have a few hours together alone. First and second grades will be hard without him---cause we'll have to be lonely for longer. She looks so cute.
Brielle is so cute! My girls still talk about her and would love to see her! I loved looking at your blog, Nathan is so adorable too! I am so excited for you to have a new house, it looks so nice! Also, send me some of that tomato stuff, you guys always make the best food! Next, good luck with your new baby coming soon! I'm sure you are getting everything ready! That just finally made it to my list for things to do tomorrow, so now we are getting close! (My c-section is Sept. 30th). Anyway, it is good to keep up with you via blog! Jules
She is so cute and I can't believe she is big enough for school already!
She looks so beautiful and grown. Good job Brielle -
That is so cute! I love that picture. I can feel the excitement.
Post a Comment