Brielle is our resident artist. She is always drawing or crafting in some way or another. I have snatched up a few of my favorites of the pictures she has drawn over the last few months. The other day I thought I had lost one of them and was so sad. After finding it, I determined I needed to blog the pictures so I would always have them.
Noah and the ark, featuring Noah and his wife as well as a lion, giraffe, zebra, elephant and a mouse.
Blue (I think it looks a little more like "polka dot") and Joe from "Blues Clues". Joe always wears squares on his shirt.
Our family in the temple. From left to right: Nathan, Dad, Brielle and Mom (with baby #3 in her tummy)
Another picture of what our family WILL look like in a couple of weeks. Baby Brother, Brielle, Nathan, Mom, and Dad.
And my personal favorite: Here is the background. In one of the recent Friend magazines it had the words to the primary song about being a Pioneer..."You don't have to push a hand cart, leave you family dear, or walk a thousand miles or more to be a pioneer. You DO have to have great courage, faith to conquer fear..." with pictures illustrating each line of the song. Then it had a large box with the final phrase of the song under it "and work with might for a cause that's right to be a pioneer." The children were to draw their own picture depicting that phrase. Brielle and I talked a minute about how she could "work with might for a cause that is right", discussing being kind, sharing, not fighting etc., then I left her to choose what to draw and draw it. She chose something completely different:
It is a picture of me, lying on a bed, with a baby coming out of my tummy and the nurse is standing by to help.
I know, it looks like I put her up to it. I didn't.
From the mouth of babes.
It was a good reminder to me of the great cause that I am working for every day.
And here is the artist herself...standing next to the tower she built to get a dress down to wear. She has quite a bit of Aunt Michelle in her. As soon as we get home from somewhere, she is in a dress. I need to teach her the correct term, "dancing pretties." And she has started to show a lot of interest in dancing. Girls are so fun.
7 comments:
What a cute post! I love the drawings. You have a little budding artist. Good luck with the new babe!
Hilarious! You keep working on that great cause--good luck in few weeks! I LOVE Brielle's pictures, too. :o) :o)
Way to go preserving those drawings! Things like that are priceless.
We love these pictures! Brielle is an amazing, creative artist. And I love her tower too. ;) Good luck in these last few days in your good cause, you're doing awesome!
I love how the baby is coming straight up out of your tummy. I love all the pictures. What a great artist and a great mind. And I love that tower. We are praying mightily as you labor for a cause that's right.
Can we say CREATIVE! Tell Brielle that I think she is a wonderful artist and that dancing pretties really are the only way to go. :) My favorite is you working for a cause that is right. You can tell what she is thinking about lately!
What cute artwork! you will be so glad that you saved them in this post - so will Brielle!
Post a Comment