During the first half of this pregnancy, I was positive I was going to have a girl, so Jared and I spent the first 20 weeks discussing girl names. I was, of course, very surprised when the ultrasound technician told us we were having a boy. I was excited as well. We left our ultrasound appointment in Provo and drove straight to St. George where we dropped Brielle off with Grandma and Grandpa while Jared, Nathan, and I came out to look for a house. Sometime during the week she was in St. George, Grandma Kay asked her what we were going to name her baby brother. She said, “I’ll tell you in the morning.” When Grandma followed up the next morning, she confidently responded “Jacob.” That is significant in three ways:
#1. Of course, we had never talked about boy names in front of her because we had never talked about boy names. She came up with that one on her own.
#2. Usually when Brielle names things it a name made of a combination of sounds that no one has ever heard before…not a commonly heard one.
#3. When Jared and I heard the story, we looked at each other and said, “We like it!”…we don’t usually like the same names right off the bat.
Well, she was right. “Jacob” remained in the #1 spot throughout the pregnancy as we discussed plenty of other names, so Jacob it is!
We chose Kenneth as his middle name, after my father, Kenneth Allen Hinton.
#1. Of course, we had never talked about boy names in front of her because we had never talked about boy names. She came up with that one on her own.
#2. Usually when Brielle names things it a name made of a combination of sounds that no one has ever heard before…not a commonly heard one.
#3. When Jared and I heard the story, we looked at each other and said, “We like it!”…we don’t usually like the same names right off the bat.
Well, she was right. “Jacob” remained in the #1 spot throughout the pregnancy as we discussed plenty of other names, so Jacob it is!
We chose Kenneth as his middle name, after my father, Kenneth Allen Hinton.
8 comments:
Oh, that is SO perfect! Amen to all you said about Dad . . . one couldn't ask for a better example to follow (okay . . . I can think of one - but ONLY one). :) He is a lucky kid to be named after such a cool guy! And how neat that Brielle is the one who brought it up!
Funny--I was supposed to be a boy, and my name was going to be Jacob. :o)
Congrats on baby #3 he is soooo cute and sweet!! I love how you picked out his name!
I haven't congratulated you on your new Jacob. So cute! I must admit I am a bit jealous that you are done with pregnancy and I still have 5 weeks ;)
Congratulations! We are so happy for your little addition and I know Brielle and Nathan are going to be awesome helpers for you and great role models for their little brother.
Congratulations! What a beautiful name and story behind it. Good luck with your upcoming move as well!
I love the reasons why that's his name. What beautiful meaning!
I love the story. I also love that you included it in your blog - it makes it such a great memory to have.
Post a Comment