Last night for FHE we acted out the story of Elijah and the widow in an effort to teach the importance of giving. First Jared and I reenacted the story and then it was the kids' turn. First Brielle wanted to be the "mom" and Nathan wanted to be the prophet. They did a great job. When the widow's son died Brielle's eyes filled with tears--real tears which she quietly wiped away--as she mourned the loss of her son. Touched, I looked over at Elijah to prompt him to give the son a healing blessing. His eyes were filled with tears too.
How blessed I am to be able to learn from their sweetness and compassion.
How blessed I am to be able to learn from their sweetness and compassion. After take 2, Brielle wanted to be the prophet and Nathan wanted to be the mom. As his son, I told Nathan how very hungry I was. Seeing the Prophet Elijah approaching, he announced "I make TWO fires!" which he promptly did and gave both Elijah and I a cake, keeping none for himself. Elijah responded by breaking her cake in two and sharing with the widow.

I don't think they needed a lesson on the topic we chose, but we sure got one.
1 comment:
Okay, so I've got tears streaming down my face. Thank you so much for sharing. I'll never think of the story of Elijah in the same way again.
Post a Comment