Friday, March 18, 2011

Barstools!

A breakfast bar. That was something I really wanted in our new home. A breakfast bar. I loved the idea of sitting up at a bar and reading a book while eating a snack. I loved the idea of keeping the breakfast and lunch mess contained to one small area. I loved the idea of having my kids sit up at the bar and help or chat or eat or just be there with me while I was busy with something. And I got it! Hooray! But it has taken us 6 months to find stools for the bar. Jared and I apparently have very different taste in barstools. Who knew? Anyway, we finally found some that we both love!
And I must say, I love having the breakfast bar (with stools!) even more than I thought I would.
And, our first living room decorations! Yay. I found and fell in love with a set of decorations including this vase and candle holder set...and lucky me, the color is perfect!
I must say it is fun to decorate our house...even if it is painfully slow. :)

5 comments:

Kay Hinton said...

Beautiful! Look how nicely the barstools match your stair rail! It's so fun to see it. Thank you for posting.

Michelle said...

I'm so glad that you posted pictures . .. I've been dying to see what you chose! Classy, classy taste. I'm a fan. Those vases are so pretty! And the swirlies in your barstool match the staircase perfectly.

Lori and Matt said...

So great! Those are gorgeous! and like, kay, I lvoe that they match your railing so well. Good pick!

James and Tricia Thomas said...

It is looking so great!!!

Shonna said...

I agree w/ mom, the stools match perfectly! I love the style.