We just got back from a short family vacation to Nauvoo. It was wonderful! We have decided that we may need to make it a yearly tradition while we live so close. It is just about 6 hours away and the drive is beautiful. We packed our own food (as our hotel room had a fridge), so the whole trip only cost us about $300 in hotel fees and gas. That is cheap when one considers the treasured memories we made and the spirit we felt. Here are a few pictures from the trip:
Brielle spent about 15 minutes sitting quietly looking at the Christus on Friday morning while I waited in line for carriage ride tickets. It was sweet to witness her feeling Christ's love for her.
We all loved the Nauvoo temple. There is such a special spirit here. I am so grateful for the sacrifices the early saints made in order to receive the blessings of a temple. It makes me so much more grateful for the 130+ temples we have throughout the world now. Jared and I both enjoyed doing an endowment session here.
Good morning Jakes! Brielle piled all the extra pillows in Jakie's pack n' play after he woke up. They both loved it.
Snow cones and hand cart rides at the fair that they have before the pageant. What a blast.
It was the first time any of us have seen the pageant and we all really enjoyed it. What a wonderful, fun evening. We were impressed with the families who donate 2 weeks to come and run the fair and play the support roles in the pageant. What a wonderful family service opportunity. We hope to do it when our children are old enough to enjoy and participate in it.
Jakie loved the braided necklace craft Brielle made. It was one of many children crafts that they could do at the fair. And it was all free of charge. Wow.
Brielle has become quite the braider. :)
Our whole family enjoyed the carriage and wagon rides throughout Nauvoo and the surrounding countryside. We loved learning about the early saints and feeling the spirit of Elijah.
We stopped out in the countryside to sing "I am a Child of God." Since Nathan was on the front row of the carriage he was chosen to lead the music. He did a great job! Yay for all that practice in FHE. (That makes it sound like he actually beat out a 4/4 time. He didn't. He just waved his arm. But at least he felt comfortable doing that.)
Nathan "takes a shot" with the camera. We love this statue garden and this statue was the favorite this year.
Brielle's turn with the camera.
6 comments:
What a wonderful family trip! What precious memories you are making with your children! I love Nauvoo!
What a neat trip! We went there about six years ago and I thought it was a wonderful experience!! My youngest sister is there right now because she is in the pageant.
The kids did a pretty good job with the camera - I'm impressed! It looks like you had a wonderful time. What a great family vacation! There really is such a strong spirit there. I think it comes not only from the sacrifices of the early saints, but from the sacrifices of modern-day saints who serve missions/summers/weeks there. This is a bit off-topic, but I love Brielley's hair in two bun-pig-tails. Adorable. I'm so glad you guys made it out there!
Looks like so much fun! What a great idea to make it a yearly tradition. Your family is so cute! It's fun to see them growing up on your blog. Love you! Caleb is loving seeing lots of temple pictures here.
We just got back from Nauvoo on Wednesday! We're going to make it a yearly tradition, too, so long as we are close-ish. It took us 7 hours to drive there. I hope we can be in the pageant when the kids are older, too. Maybe we can meet up one year!
What a fun fun trip! Great memories.
Post a Comment