"For example, committing to memory this psalm has been for me a source of power and understanding:
“The earth is the Lord’s, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.
“For he hath founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the floods.
“Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord? or who shall stand in his holy place?
“He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
“He shall receive the blessing from the Lord, and righteousness from the God of his salvation” (Psalm 24:1–5)."
I have to admit, the first time, in fact, the first several times, I read this I thought "What? I don't get it. Why is this a 'source of power and understanding' to him?" But I began to memorize anyway. As I looked at each verse, each phrase, each word, to commit it to memory I felt my soul enlightened and began to understand. I saw power in each one. As I repeated the passage over and over, it's meaning became clearer and clearer. Now it truly has become a friend, a source of power and understanding for which I am truly grateful. And I am grateful for modern-day prophets and the guidance they give us that helps us individually draw closer to God and feel His influence in our lives.
5 comments:
What a great goal for your family! You are such a great example, Kristen! Your kids are so lucky to have you as a mother. Thanks for your testimony and motivation. It inspires me!
AMEN! to what Michelle said. You are a great example. You inspire me to want to do the same. Thank you so much for reminding me of this challenge. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go start memorizing a scripture!
What wonderful idea! I love that you started with that beautiful Psalm - it is powerful!
Thanks for sharing this wonderful idea. You truly are an amazing mother and example.
Love this reminder Kristen! I enjoyed his talk as well. Grateful for modern day prophets!
Post a Comment