Thursday, May 31, 2012

Brielle's Kindergarten Performance

Brielle is almost done with kindergarten. Did I just say that? My little girl is growing up too fast. Sniff. Sniff. Anyway, they had their spring performance yesterday and it was such a delight. It was titled "Barnyard Moosical" and each kindergarten class was a different barnyard animal and the program consisted of highlighting each animal through speaking parts and a song. The songs each had their own style and were so fun and creative. Brielle got the "honor" of wearing the full chicken costume for her class and felt like a million bucks. When I asked her what her favorite part was "the chicken costume" was her answer. Unfortunately the concert was the day after her recital and we stayed out way too late the night before as we had to go get ice cream to celebrate her first recital, so poor Bre was pretty tired the next day. She kept rubbing her eyes during the performance, but she was still super cute. Man, I love that girl.

 Here are a few excerpts from the show (for Grandparents...and anyone else up for a fun little show). Brielle is on the front row towards the right in the chicken costume. In this first song I kept noticing her staring off into space a bit. But when I looked where she was staring I saw that she was simply distracted by her new love...sign language. One of her friends has parents who are deaf and there was an interpreter there signing the program and Bre had a hard time taking her eyes off of the interpreter.

Password: chicken

Here is the song about the chickens. Her good friend Ethan is on her right and her best friend Ally is next to him...the darling animated one.
And the goats: (I sure wish I had recorded the cows. They had a kindergarten kick line going. Dar-ling! Apparently one of the kick lining cows felt a little sick afterwards in their morning show and as Nathan energetically informed me, he "throw-uped". Nathan got to watch the first show with his class too. Lucky! Bre said that due to the mishap they skipped the rest of the songs and just did the speaking parts. I guess it happened front and center. Poor kid.)
It was such a fun way to end the year.
A pic before the show:
 Bre and her friends: Jennifer, Taylor, Bre, Ally, Arianna
 Bre and Nathan with the amazing Mrs. Domask, Brielle's teacher this year and HOPEFULLY Nathan's teacher next year. I'm prayin'!

2 comments:

Kay Hinton said...

SO cute!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to download all of this for distant grandparents! Sorry about the cow!

Michelle said...

Those funky chickens are pretty darn funky. How did Bre get chosen to wear the costume? She really was the cool one of the class! Gabbi loved these videos. We all did. It's so cute how they seemed to know every word, and knew them WELL! That teacher looks like a sweetie. I hope Nathan gets her! Bre's outfit is adorable.