Our whole family LOVES the Little House series by Laura Ingalls Wilder. Brielle wanted to be Laura this year so the rest of us decided to follow suit.
From left to right:
Nathan as Almanzo Wilder from Farmer Boy
Brielle as Laura
Jacob as Jack the bulldog
Jared as Pa
And Kristen as Ma
Yesterday we went to a trunk or treat at church (costumes pictured above) and the rest are from trick or treating tonight.
Doesn't he make a handsome little farmer?!?
Doesn't he make a handsome little farmer?!?
And a beautiful Laura
And a contrary 2 year old who very emphatically insisted on "no dog!"
Here is most of the group we trick or treated with:
From left to right: Jim w/ Alli, Katelyn, Kenni, Kanza, Chris w/ Vienna, Cheyenne, Nathan, Libby, Brielle, Jaimie, Everly, and Kristen w/ Jacob (who consented to pumpkin outfit Brielle grabbed as we were loading in the van. The Ingalls and Wilder families grew pumpkins right?!? I seem to remember a story where Laura, as a young bride, forgot to put sugar in the pumpkin pie that she fed to all the workers who came to help with the harvest.).
Not pictured: Whitney, Stacie, Brett, Madison, Emily, Zach, Moses and Heber.
Off to the next house...Nathan was always in the lead. He is all about this candy getting stuff!
A full size candy bar. Woohoo!
Bre helping Jake. That is probably what touched me the most this evening. I hardly had to worry about Jacob. Nathan or Brielle or Cheyenne or Libby or one of the other kids was always taking him by the hand as we walked, making sure he got to the door, getting candy for him if he was in the stroller etc. Tonight I truly felt like I had family in Wisconsin. And my kids had cousins. We are so blessed.
Too cute!
We all came here for soup, salads and pumpkin bread afterwards. It was a delightful evening!!
4 comments:
Love, love the pictures! I love how you caught the moment in so many of them- full sized candy bar!!! I had completely forgotten the pumpkin pie story- but yes, I think it was in there. And since I forgot the sugar in Brian and Michelle's apple cobbler last year, it somehow make me feel better! But he's an adorable pumpkin and Nathan is a very cute farmer, and Bree is the perfect Laura- with another missing tooth we haven't heard about. I love Ma and Pa, too. Cute, cute, cute.
Hollywood, here you come - not that you would probably want to go there, but you COULD - what an absolutely darling family! LOVED seeing the kids in their costumes and hearing about your fun Halloween!
LOVE this post and all those adorable pictures!!! What a cute family theme to do the Ingalls family. And I think they must have grown pumpkins. ;)
Oh and I don't remember who did it but someone forgot the sugar in a pecan pie at Thanksgiving once as well at our house.
What a fun theme for your Halloween costumes! I love all the cute pictures of your family!
Post a Comment