Sunday, December 14, 2008

And so is Jared...

Saturday afternoon I mentioned to Jared that we needed to use the mushrooms that were in the fridge for dinner that night otherwise they would go bad. I came downstairs a few hours later to find a steak dinner complete with mashed potatoes and corn covered in an amazing mushroom sauce that would compete with anything you would find in a fancy restaurant. I was in heaven.
Then, tonight, after helping me wrap gifts Jared headed to the kitchen AGAIN! An hour later we sat down to gourmet dinner #2. It consisted of chicken breast stuffed with a cream cheese mixture, spinach and cream cheese rolled in 2 slices of ham with a light brown sugar and butter glaze on top and spagetti with a homemade alfredo sauce that was to die for. Did I marry the right man or what?

And yes, I am dang glad that he is a better cook than me as well!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

WOW! Lucky! Dave is a better cook than me too, but that isn't saying much. These meals look amazing! Isn't it nice that the boys have a bit more time . . . and so much more to come in the next couple of weeks!

Heather - said...

That's amazing!! Did he come up with that all by himself? I don't know what I'm more impressed with, Jared for cooking everything, or you for having so many good things on hand. It seems like I make a menu for the week, I buy the things that I need to maked those dinners, and that's about it. I have practically no "on hand" things.

Kay Hinton said...

Wow~ Way to go, Jared! Both meals look delicious!

Shonna said...

We are definitely impressed with Jared's mad cooking skills! Wow!

Michelle said...

Good work, Jared! Where do you come up with these delicious ideas?