Friday night we decided to have family date night instead of couple date night. We went to Red Box to get a "kid movie," made caramel popcorn, and the four of us snuggled in on the couch to watch "Horton Hears a Who." Brielle and Nathan obviously felt like a queen and king as they sat between mom and dad with a huge bowl of candy covered popcorn on their laps with no one stopping them from eating all they wanted. At one point Brielle asked her dad for a drink and he got up to get it for her. While he was gone she turned to me and said, "Dad get me a drink. I ask him and he get it" in her very best royal tone. I loved it! :)
Saturday got even better. We met Sean and Lisa at Mike and Ann's home for a fun day together. It started off with "girl time" as Ann, Lisa, Ella, and Bronwyn joined me in a trip to the hair dresser. (Our fabulous husbands stayed behind with the other kids and made us lunch while we were out. Aren't we lucky?!?) For months Ann has been telling us about her amazing hair dresser and I have been dying to go have her cut my hair. KaraLynne went to her several times before moving and she loved her too. That only made me want to go more. So, all of us girls piled into Ann's van and went to meet the famous Chrissy. We had a fabulous time chatting during the two hours Chrissy spent cutting my hair. Yep, two hours. She spent a good 30 minutes in the "consultation" talking about what I wanted and what would look good on me. She actually really listened and really cared! Then she washed, cut, dried, cut, and styled my hair. Then she styled it a couple of other ways...just so I would "have a better idea of all the things I could do with my hair." I know, you are asking the same thing Jared did when we got back, "That took forever! How much did that cost?!?" Eighteen dollars. All I can say is, Chrissy is as good as Ann and KaraLynne said she was.
We spent the rest of the afternoon eating wonderful food and chatting. It was just so nice to all be together. The kids had a ball too. Brielle was in heaven surrounded by fun cousins who treated her like a queen. Thank goodness for family! And thank you Mike and Ann for hosting a delightful party!
Brielle and Kynan, eating ice cream cones and watching a movie. Doesn't Bre look cute in the outfit Sean and Lisa gave her for Christmas?
Darling Ella!
9 comments:
Soooo. What about a picture of the hair cut?
We need to see the amazing new 'do!! Your hair always looks amazing though...I don't think she had too hard of a job.:)
That's so funny. That was going to be my comment: POST A PICTURE OF THE HAIRCUT! All us commenters are thinking alike! Fun party and fun pictures!
Likewise, I was going to ask, Where's a picture of the haircut??
Sounds like a fun weekend.
I will, I promise! I posted the only 3 pictures we took that day, so as of right now I don't have a picture of the haircut. But, as soon as Jared is around when my hair is actually done I will have him take a picture to post. It isn't a ton different than my last couple cuts...a similar style, the details are just different, so only the extra observant people even notice I got a haircut. So, don't be expecting anything too different. :)
Look how much Brielle looks like her cousins! Wow! They must have the same genes or something!!!
Why don't you forget about posting a picture of your hair and instead just bring your head over so I can see it? I'll GLADLY talk to you for two hours - I'll even do your hair for FREE! No guarantees on how it will look - but at least I can see you!
She does look a lot like them. I hadn't noticed, but it is very evident in the pictures isn't it!?!
Sounds like a blast! Too bad I live in Ohio, or else I'd go to that Chrissy girl. I've only gotten my hair cut once since I've been here, and that wasn't such a pleasant experience. Does Chrissy know anyone good in Columbus?
Post a Comment