This weekend Jared and I celebrated our 5th anniversary (we couldn't celebrate it in August due to sick children) and Valentines Day in the most delightful way. It was a little piece of heaven. Due to a combined babysitting effort from my friend Britney and my sister and her husband, we left our children at home and headed up to Aspen Grove Lodge for a marriage retreat. Upon arrival, Jared and I looked at each other and said, "Now what?" It felt so weird to not have kids to take care of, but we adjusted quickly! :) We played cards until dinner (where we had the best prime rib we have ever had!) and then attended the first of 4 classes about marriage. They were amazing...insightful and inspiring. We had a great time playing games and chatting late into the night. Today they fed us breakfast and lunch (the best of the 3 meals...elegant and divinely delicious with cheesecake to boot!), we attended the other 3 classes, had wonderful conversations with each other as well as other couples attending, and went cross-country skiing for a couple of hours in the freshly fallen snow of the mountains. It was the perfect combination of delicious food (that I didn't have to cook or feed to anyone else), education, and recreation. Jared and I really enjoyed having some time just to ourselves for over 24 hours to enjoy each other. Truly a little piece of heaven!
On our way to go skiing!
The view from our room

My hottie husband!
6 comments:
Sounds like so much fun. It is nice to get a way for a little while, even if it is just 24 hours!
It sounds like such a wonderful delightful mini vacay. Does your sister and her husband travel for babysitting gigs?
I'm so glad you had a good time and that you didn't have to worry about things at home while you were gone.
I just love that picture at the top of your blog. I just come here and stare at Nathan smiling at me and Brielle blowing me a kiss.
AHH...That sounds delightful.
What a great getaway! I'm sure you are so happy to have family close that can come help with babysitting!
How beautiful!!! I'm so glad you guys got a getaway together. (like my alliteration? I didn't even try to) Tell more about the delicious food.
Post a Comment