Monday, March 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is Jared's mom's birthday! I love this picture her and her husband in front of the Denver temple because it captures them and what their lives center around...the gospel of Jesus Christ and their marriage and family. It brings tears to my eyes as I think about the sacrifices that they have made throughout their lives for those two things. Despite much opposition from family and friends, Mitch and Caroline chose to join the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints as a young married couple because they knew it was true. They have dedicated themselves to studying the gospel, living the commandments, and serving the Lord ever since. They are true examples of disciples of Christ.

In order to give their children a better life, they have given up everything they own three times to move to a new country. They have started over again each time keeping their family strong despite many difficult challenges. I look at mom and the things that she sacrificed and did for her children while dad worked hard to provide for them and I only hope that I can live up to the high standard that she has set. She has loved them, cared for them, and raised them with a sure knowledge of their Savior and of the purpose of life. This picture was taken at the wedding of their fifth and youngest child. All five were married in the temple and are striving to do right as they succeed in their lives in their corner of the country (we are spread throughout the US). They have accepted those of us who are lucky enough to join their family through marriage with open hearts and they now have 11 grandchildren! What a legacy that have created. We love them so much! Happy Birthday Mom.

2 comments:

Kay Hinton said...

What a beautiful tribute to a wonderful lady. I know she raised a fine son!!!

Bonnie said...

We love the Mackrory family very much though we do not know all of them. Elder Mackrory (aka Jared) nestled into the Thomas family hearts many years ago but the love has not diminished at all. His parents are truly wonderful people. Thank you for being part of our lives.