Thursday, March 5, 2009

Up for hire

One of my pet peeves occurs when I open up the dishwasher knowing I only have 2 minutes to get it unloaded and get on to the next thing and find that there are still small pools of water caught in the tiny crevices of all of my dishes. As I rush to get it all put away, the water spills on my floor, on the dry dishes, and on me. It drives me crazy, but I hate taking the extra time to hand dry everything that I just put through the dishwasher. This morning Nathan discovered the perfect solution to this annoyance and I discovered that Nathan has his father's ability to solve problems, as well as his mind for business. Nathan has seen that our family could use a bit of income during these poor college days and is willing to come into your homes at a minimal price and solve this problem for you as well. So, if finding water on the dishes you expected would be dry when you go to put them away annoys you as well, here is the solution of your dreams:He carefully removes the dishes that have water on them.Then he tips the extra pools of water with great precision into a place where it can be reused. (That is another definite plus of this solution! Let's remember, we are in a drought. )He is very thorough in making sure that each drop of water has been removed.


Then he dutifully puts the dish in its proper place.

Now please realize that he will be in high demand after this announcement so please be patient. He will get to you and your home as soon as possible.

11 comments:

Kay Hinton said...

I'm first in line! That is irritating. My dishwasher does the same thing. Send the cute little man down and let him start sucking! I pay well.

Joan Morris said...

He's so cute and so clever. Tom is the solution to that problem at my house. He dutifully dries each dish. I just stick them in the cupboard wet.

Krystal Trapnell said...

My solution to that is not having a dishwasher (ha! As if that is a solution to anything!). I am grateful we are here, though, because dishes would take FOREVER to air dry in Florida. At least here it's lightning quick. If only I didn't have to wash them all first!

I will keep him in mind for the future, when we have a dishwasher again!

Jamie said...

lol . . . send him to me! Very funny- he came up with this on his own? And why do you only have 2 minutes? I always take FOREVER to unload- in fact I open the dishwasher and let it sit for a while to let the water evaporate (This might not work much longer since Jacks is moving around to find anything interesting)

Shonna said...

That is so cute. And how did you get such great pictures, does he really just sit there and suck off the water on every dish? Amazing kid. I also agree with the annoyance. I usually do what I think Jamie said, I open the dishwasher when it's finished and let it evaporate overnight or while I'm at work. Speaking of, I forgot to do it this morning, shucks. So when I forget I try to soak up the pools of water with my towel before moving the glasses and then hope the rest just evaporate in the cupboard. I guess I'd better go get busy.

KaraLynne and Andy said...

Haaaaaa! I love it- he can come here except that what i hate more than the little pools of water is when tiny bits of food is in that water - so I wouldnt make him do that but he can come over so I can squeeze him and tell him how cute he is.

Melissa Giles said...

Oh I hate it when the dish washer does that! What a great idea! Nathan is going to be the next Einstein!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I'll pay you double your highest bid for that cute dish dryer! Send him C.O.D!

Anonymous said...

That is so adorable!

sara cardon said...

I too put the dishes back in the cupboard wet...and then when I go to get a sippy out for Lucy a few days later there is gross stagnant water inside. Bummer. I'll hire Nathan for sure!! And how did I miss that give-away?!? Double bummer. I need to get Google Reader!!

Natalie Sue said...

He is SO cute!