- He LOVES to find new and exciting things (from gourmet chocolate covered strawberries to the latest new gadget) and then to share them with others. Everytime we visit him we get to try his most recent find and it is so much fun!
- He is an excellent cook. We look forward to those blessed times when he makes us curry, homemade bread or Biltong (similar to beef jerky-South African style) etc.
- He is wonderful to talk to. Jared and I both look forward to our opportunities to just hang out and talk with him. We love the great discussions we have together.
- He has a stalwart testimony of Christ and the gospel. His commitment to God and to following His commands is evidenced by how he lives his life. We are grateful for that example for ourselves and for our children.
- We are forever grateful for the many sacrifices that he and Mom made to try to make life better for their children and eventually (after immigrating to 3 other countries on the way) get them to America, where they could have all of the opportunities that they desired.
Okay, I was going to only limit myself to three, but there was just more that needed to be said. :) We love you Dad. Have a very Happy Birthday.
3 comments:
Happy Birthday, Mitch! I love the pictures.
Oh, those pictures are SO sweet. They love their Grandpa. I hope he had a great day!
Happy happy birthday! I agree with Michelle, those pictures are precious.
Post a Comment