Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Nathan Turns Two!!!

Yay! Life has finally slowed down enough for me to do more than just the bare necessities! Therefore, I am finally posting about sweet little Nathan's birthday. He got to have 2 parties...the lucky duck. Grandma Kay, Grandpa Ken, Aunt Michelle and Cousin Gabbi were kind enough to party with us when we visited them in St. George. His first gift was to meet Baby Gabbi:Nathan LOVES anything that is big and moves. Having spent the summer in Wisconsin, he fell in love with tractors. We were grateful for that because there was one on almost every corner, so it kept him busy whenever we drove anywhere just telling us about the tractors he saw. So, we decided to have a farm/tractor party for him. We started off with a lively game of animal charades: Here comes Aunt "Bear" Michelle,
and "fishy" grandma,and "deer" grandpa (aparently farmer children like to ride deer),and "duck" mom (they like to ride ducks too).Grandma and the trunk of an elephantLion Michelle devours the living room decorations.

Nathan and Mom gallop around the room.Then each person got to color one of "Old MacDonald's" animals in preparation for a rousing rendition of that favorite song..."Here grandpa, let me help you.""See, this is how you do it!"Nathan gets a birthday phone call from Blake and Shonna. "Birthday!!!" (Translation: they are singing happy birthday to me!)
Eskimo kisses for Dad.Present time!!
"Thomas!!!"
A tractor. The parcel (from our "Pass the Parcel" game just happened to land on Nathan--good work Michelle)The birthday cake
The cake decorators...it was fun creating a cake with Jared...And a lot less stressful!


"Trator!!"
Nathan gets to blow out the "happys", as he calls them.
Brielle decided Nathan needed a little help blowing out the candles. She wasn't sure the spit showers, with minimal breeze, was going to do the trick.Green tongue!


Man, that was a long day...

On the day of Nathan's Mackrory Family birthday party, his Uncle Mike competed in a half ironman here in Provo. We went to cheer him on.

High fives for the kids. Cool!

If you can't tell, he is SMILING! Yeah, I know, crazy! He just swam and biked who knows how long and is now halfway through a half marathon.

Sean and Lisa came for the celebration.

A puzzle from Grandma and Grandpa Mackrory!

Peeking through his new present.

"I am one lucky kid!" And a loved kid. Happy Birthday Nathan!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun birthday parties! Loved all the pictures and the cake was awesome!

I can't believe he is two!!

Jamie said...

I am amazed at the cake! how did you do that? I need to do cuter parties . . . great idea!
Sorry I can't do Rball this week. WE had a wedding last night, then Dave left for NBMBA. Next week though!

Shonna said...

What wonderful pictures!!! I love all of them. Michelle is an excellent devouring lion.;) That cake is absolutely incredible! And I love your shirt Lu, you look really good in that pink color. Happy birthday Nathan!

Kay Hinton said...

What great memories those pictures bring back! (even if we do make ridiculous animals!) My favorites are the ones of Nathan on the phone with Blake and Shonna. He loved them singing to him. And the one of him asleep at the end of a long, fun day. Thank you so much for sharing his birthday with us!

K Western said...

What a fun birthday!! I love the cake! So cute! And yeah on the potty training. Hopefully the days of no diapers is just around the corner.

Michelle said...

Oh, what happy memories! SO fun! I miss those cute kids. You look GORGEOUS in the one of you looking up at the camera while Nathan is on your back.