This is my very active 2 year old 10 minutes after he woke up this morning. Hmmm.
He cuddled me for the first 8 minutes and then asked to get down and proceeded to lie down right where I set him. Not normal. A LONG "morning love", as we call hugs first thing in the morning, is 30 seconds tops before he is off to find something to climb or a toy to play with, so I was loving my 8 minute one until it occured to me something might be wrong. His sweet, big sister went and got him a blanket and pretzels when he asked for them and together we have been trying to determine what is wrong. I asked him if he is sick and he said, "yes." So I proceeded to ask about his head, throat, and tummy, all of which received a "no" answer. At that point Brielle caught on. "Do you feel like you need to go potty or throw up? Do your legs hurt? Do your toes hurt? Do your eyes hurt? Does you nose hurt?" "No, no, no, no and no." Hmmm. All you expert mothers out there, especially my own...any ideas?
Update: Well, an hour later he is energetic and back to normal. Maybe his toes did hurt!
6 comments:
Poor little guy. I'm sorry I have no ideas to help you. I can pray for him though. Maybe his feelings are hurt or his heart hurts if he's missing something. Could be emotional? I don't know. Maybe his ear, an earache or something. It could be something new that he's never experienced before, so he's not sure how to describe the pain he's feeling.
sad! Could he be missing dad? Just tired?
It probably is missing his dad. Brielle keeps asking if dad is home yet, so Nathan is probably feeling it too!
Even Justin was missing his dad this morning. James is usually the one to go in and get him, and when it was me, he asked for daddy, and then went all over the house calling for him. It was cute and sad all at the same time.
I love long loves in the morning! Preston is usually off in 30 seconds as well! I hope his toes are better soon!
What a sweet little boy! I hope he is okay now.
Post a Comment