Monday, June 7, 2010

Our Lot

I should be unpacking. There are boxes everywhere. Jared is hard at work. But, quite frankly, my back hurts and I just want to sit down. So, I am blogging.
(Hey, family history is important too! :) )
Here is the future site of our new home.

It is in a subdivision of 36 lots, all of which are 1-2 acres. There are currently only 5 homes built in the subdivision, so we will be #6. The subdivision is surrounded by farmland and offers quiet, country living. It is a perfect fit for us. It is only about 10 minutes from all the basic shopping that I will want to do, 13 minutes to church, and relatively close to friends. Jared’s favorite part of the lot is that we have heard pheasants several times, there are many other birds (many currently nesting) and possibly deer. One of the trees in the back looks like an apple tree too! We look forward to the peaceful mornings and the glorious evenings under the beautiful night sky out away from the lights of town. We love Wisconsin.

14 comments:

Kay Hinton said...

You're right. Family history is important, and so is resting after a HUGE week. Your lot is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I agree. Family history is more important. Lovely lot!

Joy said...

Sounds like things are going well for you. We sure still miss you in Idaho!!

Joan Morris said...

How exciting!!! I can't wait to see the progress on your new home. What a beautiful lot.

JGEM said...

So very fun. We miss you here though.

triciathomas said...

That is so exciting!!! Can't wait to see it as it progresses!

whitney said...

It is so heavenly out there!

KaraLynne and Andy said...

Yeah - the lot looks beautiful! And I hope you get an apple tree.

sara cardon said...

What a beautiful view you will have in your new house! How exciting! Your months sounds SO crazy but I'm glad you're finally getting settled in and enjoying a Welcome to Wisconsin party.:)

Shonna said...

How exciting! I just read your blog-a-thon. You are so good at blogging. Thanks for all the updates. I agree, goodbyes are tough. Looks like Wisconsin has a lot to offer though. I'm glad you took a break. Your back needs it.

Michelle said...

It looks beautiful and refreshing! Man, you can have an awesome garden there! I agree with Nana - I'm glad you took a break - not only for your back .. . the baby needs it too, I'm sure. :) Your not actually taking a break - you are working on it's eyebrows. It's always awkward when they come out w/o those. :)

Perfectly Imperfect said...

It really is a splendid view! Where are you living until you get your house built - and when are you going to be done building? You know, we still have a few lots in OUR neighborhood - or neighborhoodSSSS since we have TWO houses. It's a little hard to go on morning walks with you when we are in different states!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

By the way, I wish you would have called your post "Our Lot IN LIFE". That is all.

Jennie Larsen said...

WOW!!! I'm so happy for you! Looks beautiful! Enjoy the unpacking and watching your dream home develop! Glad things are going well! :)