Brielle has several dolls that she loves to play with, take care of ,and give us updates on. A small chunk of almost everyday is spent listening to Brielle tell us how Briellity loves her milk and how she has water every night before bed. Or how Beara loves to laugh at the funny things her Mom does. Or how Jimena is just learning to walk (we must, of course, come see and celebrate). She is a very doting mother and loves to tell us all about her children.
Though she loves all her children I think she holds a special place in her heart for Baby Sarah.
Sarah was born on Brielle's first birthday.
They dress the same (thanks to Grandma).
And Brielle is very concerned about Sarah and her needs. This concern prompted her to draw "hair" on her one day as she was worried that she didn't have any (I wonder if that really works. Maybe I should try it on this next one during those few months where he will be completely bald.) When asked several days later if she was still glad she had done it, she exclaimed "yes!" in an incredulous tone. How could we even ask?!?

Last Saturday the boys headed out for some male bonding time, so Brielle and I decided to make a quilt for her dear Baby Sarah since she didn't have one! Brielle helped me design the quilt: "I want squares and rectangles like you put on the quilt you made me when I was a baby." She chose the colors: "Pink and Purple" (Princess colors). And she selected the fabric: "Flowers, polka dots, stripes and the same fabric that you put on the back of my quilt!!" Amazingly enough, she stayed with me through the whole process: cutting, sewing, and quilting.
The final product was great!
And Baby Sarah loves it!
3 comments:
I wanna see a belly pic! I can't believe how close you are when I feel SO far away from actually getting a baby! Hope you are feeling good!
What a cute post. Brielle is a lucky girl to have such a thoughtful Mama. Oh, and Sarah is lucky too. :)
I love the whole story behind Baby Sarah and her doting mother; so cute. Love you Brielle!
Post a Comment