I have tried to find an easier way to get a slideshow of Nathan's birthday party for you, but to no avail. So here are the many fun pictures:
Eggs n Toast for breakfast: Nathan's favorite. He asks for it almost daily.
The "birthday" is lit, the birthday song has been sung and we are "hip, hip, hooraying". Nathan's favorite part.
Blowin' out the candles
Helping Mom make his bug cupcakes.
Frosting it
The final products! Nathan made the colorful caterpillar all by himself after watching Mom make the green one. (Mom just helped with the pattern a little bit.)
An ant
A bee
Bugs!
Ready for the party
"Happy Birthday"
Simon Says
Pin the bug on the leaf
Good job Nathan
Eating ants (chocolate sprinkles). You can't use your hands!
Decorating cupcakes
Kiersty did a great job
Everyone gets a candle in their pizza! Hip, hip, hooray!
Eating the cupcake he designed.
The cake for his family party.
A caterpillar for our bug lover. Here is my sister's description of Nathan's recent interaction with an inch worm: "While we were there (at a ranger station in Williamsburg Virginia for a family reunion), Nathan proudly presented his newly-found worm to William (the ranger) to show it off. William thought it was an intruder and "saved the day" by promptly snatching it from Nathan's arm and tossing it out the front door. He looked very satisfied with himself until he looked back at Nathan's forlorn face and realized that "intruder" had been Nathan's pet. " Nathan truly was crushed.
Audrey found a handful.
Nathan would have rather looked for real bugs.
5 comments:
What an adorable little guy, and that is one of the cleverest birthday party themes ever! Darling cake and cupcakes!
The background of the last pics with Nathan and the cake looks almost exactly like Mom and Dad's kitchen lay-out in St. George! I had to do a double-take. You are SO creative - eating ants w/o hands, pinning bugs on leafs, going on a bug hunt . .. could you get any more creative? I submit that it is not possible! I think that the bee is my favorite cupcake. Nathan is a lucky kid to have such an amazing Mommy!
I wish it WAS at Mom and Dad's house. It does look like it. Does it in real life? Oh how I love looking at these pictures. How I miss that little man. I'm so glad he had such a fun birthday. You are SO creative. Those bug cupcakes and the catepillar cake are so cute. I love the pictures of him on the phone and the one with the three lit candles. What a fun, creative party. Hip! Hip! Hooray!!!!!!
Love it! I will have to steal your ideas. What an amazing 3rd birthday!
What a cute cake and cupcakes. You are so creative. Happy 3rd birthday Nathan!!
Post a Comment