When I got home from activity days tonight Jared mentioned Nathan had written his name all by himself. Jared had just reminded him verbally what each letter looked like (i.e. "N goes up, down, up"). I was impressed. I know he can do it, but he has to want to and he doesn't "want to" very often. I didn't think much more about it until I was straightening up the living room and found where he wrote it:
He even got the "To Mom" on there!
For some reason it really touched me, bringing tears to my eyes.
Nathan has been going through what his Aunt Michelle called a "rough patch" the last few weeks and has been keeping me on my toes. Maybe that fact brought the tears a little more readily. I don't know.
But, I DO know, I sure love this boy..."rough patch" and all.
(The picture Nathan wanted me to take of him during Brielle's show today)
5 comments:
That is so sweet. Seriously, I'm so glad that you took a picture of that . . . I'm sure you will treasure that for years to come! It means that much more b/c you know how much work it took to write each of those letters! I love how the "AN" go around the corner . . . it adds the perfect adorable touch.
What a sweet treasure! Nice work, Nathan! I wonder what's inside??????
How precious! I love all the last several posts. You have adorable kids. And where did you find a place that had Mrs. Claus too? I've never seen that, but I like it.
Kids grow up so fast and they constantly amaze you! I love your family picture - what a good looking group!
What a cute story! You'll have to tell us what's inside. Have a great Christmas.
Post a Comment