Wednesday, February 23, 2011

4th Annual Mackrory Valentine Ball

We love Valentines Day at our house. With the exception of a surprise gift of beautiful jewelry this year from my valentine, we celebrate it inexpensively (we have been on a tight budget the last few years!), but it is SO fun. This year we started the day with a fun breakfast...
I got the idea from a WONDERFUL website that my cousin Missy is photographer and co-author of called How Does She? Her website is full of fantastic ideas for a mother. I have gotten simple and fun ideas about everything from how to celebrate President's Day with my kids to how to make a fun, easy and stylish chore chart for my kids. I'm not one for spending time surfing the web, but checking out her website is totally worth your time. Anyway, I saw this cute and easy idea for Valentine's Day breakfast and decided to try it. (Their's looked much cuter than mine. :) )
Happy Valentine's Day
Jared and Brielle spent quiet time on Sunday making precious heart notes and hiding them throughout the house for me to find throughout the day.

Can I say that it made my day?!?
Most of my day was spent in the kitchen preparing our traditional V-day dinner for my sweetheart.














Jacob cooperated wonderfully. He was so good all day. He is such a sweet, little man.
Nathan was my little helper. He LOVES to cook!
Little Jakes playing in the living room.
First course all ready...
The family is now ready too!
Valentine chocolates for our sweet little cuties....
Happy Valentines Day Jare!

Gettin' all dressed up for the party
It's a little big
Our beautiful princess
And our happy baby boy
...now all dressed up (thank you Allens for the tie. Isn't it cute?)
We start our ball with a little Cottoneye Joe
"Swing your corner"
And do-si-do...
"All hands in and turn around"
Just dancin'
So fun

Our 3 precious ones
Daddy with his princess
Mom and the kids

Did we mention the tie is delicious too?
It was soaked by the end of the evening.
Swingin' is so fun
Jakers tries his hand at dancing with Dad
Gotta take a break for more sugar (the afternoon full of Valentine candy, layered Jello salad, and 3 layer mint brownie at dinner wasn't enough)
Bringin' down the house
We can't wait until next year...

13 comments:

Kay Hinton said...

I feel like I've been to your party. Your pictures are SO good. The dinner looks amazing-wow! what a feast. Is that Shonna's O'Charley's salad? Heart shaped 3 layer mint brownies- YUM! The dance pictures are so cute. I love the swinging and the do si do. So cute. I'll be visiting this post often to party down!

Shonna said...

How fun!!! I love your wonderful tradition. And that salad looked delicious, is the recipe somewhere I would know about? How funny, I just read Mom's comment. You have a cute, dancin' family.

Meg said...

What an awesome idea! I'm gonna have to copy you. Looks like a blast!

Joan Morris said...

What a fun idea to have a Valentine Ball with your kids. You are such great parents with such cute kids.

Jamie said...

great tradition! I tried a meal with the family . . but I haven't tried dancing . . .maybe I could actually get Dave to Dance if it wasn't in public!

Kricket said...

I've got to do this next year!

Unknown said...

You guys are so cute!!! Oh I miss you!

Michelle said...

That is a LOT of work!!!! Wow, I don't know how you do it, Lu. You are INCREDIBLE. What an amazing feast. Tell Brielle that she is turning into a beautiful girl. Her hair is SO pretty! And Jacob is getting so big. You guys are such cute parents. What an awesome party!

Jessica said...

This is such a cute tradition. I love all the dancing pics! And wow, what a feast you prepared!

Carina said...

What a fun Valentine's Day! I love your traditons and the cute party you had.

Amanda said...

Wow! So much fun. I love Valentine's Day too. It's one of the best holidays, don't you think?

Sarah said...

I am so doing this next year when I don't have two casts on my feet!

Sarah said...

I guess I wasn't lying! haha. I'm back for a refresher about what to do so I can start my preparations! Thanks again for a great idea!