Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine Love

Brielle got to go to school where she exchanged valentines with all of the kids in her class.
Nathan got to stay home where there wasn't many people to exchange valentines with.

I worried..."How will Nathan feel as he watches Brielle open her bag FULL of candy and cards?"

During the last 30 minutes
I watched...
...as Brielle gave away every piece of candy one by one to her brother and me. She only kept 3 for herself.
...as Nathan gave some candy back because she didn't have very much.
...as Brielle gave away her Toy Story 3 (which she loves) pencil, "cuz Nathan likes Buzz".
...as Nathan opened a piece of chocolate and broke half off for his sister.
I heard...
"I want to give this to you because I love you."
"I have always really wanted one of these (ring pop). You can have it."
"THANK YOU. You make me SO happy."
I saw...
hugs and lots of smiles.
And I cried.

13 comments:

Kay Hinton said...

And now I'm crying. Thank you for sharing a true valentine story.

triciathomas said...

That is so sweet just shows what a wonderful and loving family they belong to!

Joan Morris said...

You have such sweet kids! That is a true Valentine story. Thanks for sharing and have a happy Valentine's day!

CL said...

Awesome. I love siblings.

Blake said...

Your kids are wonderful! I know exactly where they get it from. :)

Shonna said...

Makes me cry. What sweet kids.

Pal & Hatty said...

What sweet kids! We should all be so unselfish!

whitney said...

That story just made me so happy!

Michelle said...

Now you've got me crying! So sweet. I think they learned it from their parents.

Jessica said...

So sweet! Thanks for sharing and it just goes to show what great parents they have!

KaraLynne and Andy said...

yeah.. what a great thing to witness.

Lara Zierke said...

You are definitely doing something right as a parent. What a way to celebrate the love. :)

Claire said...

You are such a great mom! With such great kids!