Friday, September 2, 2011

First Day of School

Both Brielle and Nathan now attend the same school...Bre as a kindergartener and Nathan in 4K.
Man, was she excited for this day to finally arrive. She had such a wonderful time. It is fun to watch her love school so much.
Nathan was happy about going too, I think. Though he doesn't show it like Brielle does. He did a great job. I can't believe he is this old already.
Good luck getting a picture of Nathan looking at the camera when there are buses to be seen, admired and enjoyed. At least it got a real smile out of him. Man, I love that kid. The buses were compelling enough to even draw Brielle's gaze.
Brielle has wanted to ride the bus for SO long. She finally got her chance.
It was fun to wait out front for her to get home. She was BURSTING with excitement. We didn't even get inside before I had heard about most of her day...though more wonderful tidbits kept coming out all evening long. I loved it. We sat on the front porch so she could tell all. Her favorite parts?
  • Riding the bus
  • Eating lunch at school
  • Art class (they get to do art class and gym class everyday. She was pretty excited about that)
How was Nathan's day you ask? So do I. I have quizzed the poor guy til I am blue in the face and can't get much info. Here are the few precious tidbits I got:
  • "We didn't have time for recess or snack",
  • "We went to the bathroom twice"
  • "I colored a truck on paper and teacher hung it on the wall"
  • "I played with trucks"
  • And, my favorite, "We had pretend marshmallows in our mouths when we walked down the hall". What a great way to keep 4 year-olds quiet in the hall.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh, how I love these kids! Tell them both that I'm so proud of them! I'm going to have to try to the marshmallow idea . . . that is cute. Thanks for the update! I can't believe they are this big.

Kay Hinton said...

What a great report! They both look so excited and happy! My favorite when I talked to them is when I asked Brielle how far Nathan's class is from hers. She said she saw him in the hall and waved and said, "Hi Nathan!" Nathan said, "Woahhhh Woahhh" cuz he had a marshmallow in his mouth. I also loved how Brielle got a list of words she needs to be able to read by the end of the year and she just rattled them off to me on first day (plus read everything I held up to the camera- I couldn't stump her!) I'm with Michelle! Oh, how I love these kids!

Kristen Mackrory said...

Thank you for recording that Mom. I had already forgotten about Brielle and Nathan's interaction in the hall. It tickled my funny bone even more reading it the second time.

Pal & Hatty said...

What a cute post! The first day of school is always an adventure! I love the fun pictures and the comments about their first day!

Shonna said...

I can't believe "Bwielle Bwielle and Na-Na" are growing up so fast. How exciting to get to be in the same school for them. Love them!

Pam said...

I don't think Brielle could look any more adorable! And Nathan, too! You will be so glad you wrote these cute little details down. The marshmallow thing is genius!