Soon after Jared and I were married I decided I wanted to learn how to sew. I was lucky enough to have a boss who was an excellent quilter. When Jared was out of town for a week on business she taught me how to quilt by guiding me in making this:
I was so excited to give it to him for his birthday because I had made it.
The next year Jared designed and made this one for me:
I collect nativities and this labor of love is one of my very favorites. It makes me so happy each year as I pull it out of the box.
This year I decided to make some for the kids. Jared was out of town the first week of September, so I worked on this in the evenings to have something to look forward to:
Before he left, Jared helped me design each stocking and we made patterns for each applique. Then I made a stocking pattern from the stockings we had already made and I was off. It was so fun to be creating again. I had most of it done before he got back. It has taken me the next two months to make the other 2 stockings, but I have enjoyed having something to look forward to when I have a free evening.
Seeing them all together makes me wonder if maybe we should have made Brielle's more of a country style like the others. But we found sparkle pink, white and blue fabrics and couldn't resist making her a very girly one.
I finished them this morning. Hooray! Just in time to hang up for the Christmas season.
Which one is your favorite? I just can't decide.
7 comments:
Those are amazing! I'm so impressd! I definitely cannot pick a favorite. Although, I think if I were you, my favorite would be yours! :)
I love them. I clicked on them to make them bigger and studied every detail. I think I might like the cup of cocoa best of all. that is so dang cute. But there's no way I can pick a favorite stocking. They are all so, so cute. You are amazing! Nice work!
Amazing! you did a great job planning them all out too. I love the nativity scene on yours. Happy Holidays!
Oh Wow! They look amazing all hung up together! And I like that Brielle's girly one is right in the middle. They are so cute! What an incredible talent.
My favorite parts would be the Christmas tree and boat on Jared's, the entire nativity scene on yours, Brielle's snowflake, Nathan's sled and moon, and Jacob's cup of cocoa.
Super job, Kristen! You are so talented! I love Jacob's candy kisses and Brielle's ice skate - so cute!
I need to hire you to do mine! I am always at a loss about finding Christmas stockings that go together and look nice, yet have everyone's name on it. And then I feel like I have to get them all at once so they match, even though our family isn't complete yet. What do you do? You have the perfect solution. I wish I had your talent. I think Jacob's is my favorite. I just love those kisses.
Post a Comment