Hello all you creative friends and family! I am going to break the mold. On many blogs that I look at they have fabulous recipes, crafts, and other ingenious ideas that I want to incorporate into my own life. Instead of sharing a creative idea today I am SEEKING a creative idea. I was sitting in Relief Society today as someone was making a comment about working together as a family to make things run smoothly and I thought, "It is time for an FHE chart." Until now Jared and/or I plan and carry out our family home evening each week. I have a very strong testimony of this program! I know that we are blessed every week as we sit together to discuss a gospel principle...even the simple ones that Brielle can understand. Anyway, over Christmas Grandma Kay gave us each an assignment for our FHE and it was fun to see Brielle lead us in a song and she felt so special that she got to be in charge of something. So, I am searching for simple Family Home Evening Chart ideas. I know you are all creative and have fabulous ideas. Would you mind sharing with one who is creatively-challenged? Thank you!
5 comments:
I'm not very creative. Mine is just a simple chart on paper with contact paper over it (see, very simple) where we rotate the names among the jobs (song leader, prayer, scripture (story or Article of Faith), and treats). Mom and Dad still do the lessons, but we ask for lesson helpers. I've seen some have the jobs on a cute wooden block with their names on smaller blocks that hang under the jobs and then you can rotate the names. Good luck!
Okay, so mine is more of a project...not hard to do, but not really simple either. I'd thought I'd share anyways. To see a picture of it, go here:
http://familyofhatchlings.blogspot.com/2007/11/super-saturday.html
It's a magnet board, covered in scrapbook paper. Everything is on magnets so that you can rotate it around.
Good luck!
Well, I don't have a new idea just an old one. We used a FHE wheel growing up. There were two flat pieces of wood, one was square and the other round (the round one fasened onto the top of the square one so that it could turn). We drew lines splitting up the round piece so that it had the same amount of spaces as our family members. Then we all decorated our own piece. Then we drew on the square piece things for each of us todo at FHE like piano (most of us played) leading, lesson, thought, treats, etc etc. That way each of us had a task each week for FHE.
I hope this isn't confusing. But it worked really well for us and we used it for like 15 years.
I think I still have the two different ones we used through the years. One was just a laminated poster, divided in squares- each square had a person's name in it (it would be fun to use pictures). There were little icons of each of the assignments that we rotated(also laminated- we just stuck them on with tape): prayer, song, lesson, activity, treats, talent. That way, you could put two icons in one person's square. The other one was an apple tree on a wood board. Each limb was an activity and you rotated the family members' apples to the different branches. Remember? We used both (at different times) for many years.
It was fun to have FHE with you and watch Brielle respond to you as the teacher. You did a great job.
Thank you everyone for the ideas! I knew I could rely on you for some amazing inspiration. I am excited to meld a few of the ideas and see how it turns out.
Post a Comment