March 16th is my dad's birthday...I know an awful time for a CPA to have a birthday! :) I hope that he is able to find some relief from the stress to celebrate the birth of one of the greatest men on earth. I love and respect my father with all of my heart. I am grateful for his love and sacrifice for me! When I was in 6th grade my dad saw in me the potential to become a good runner and he encouraged me to develop that talent. He would get me out of bed at 6 am 3 mornings a week and we would go running together. That time spent together is a treasure to me and always will be. We developed a strong relationship that continues to this day as we talked and ran. He always showed such an interest in me and my life and helped me through difficult times (both on the track and off). When I would run in meets he was always there cheering me on. Usually he was on the back side of the track where no one else was there to cheer. He would call out my time and how close I was to the splits that we determined I should be at at each point in the race and then he would encourage me to do my best. He still does that for me even though I'm no longer running track. He cheers me on, supports and loves me, guides me when I ask for it, and makes me feel like I am doing a great job at whatever I am engaging in. Thank you dad for giving me strength to do my best and for setting an example that I can safely follow as I try to be the best parent I can and to return to our Heavenly Father. I love you!
8 comments:
What a sweet post! Happy Birthday Ken Hinton! He is a great guy and we feel blessed that he is a part of our family :)
Your dad is awesome. I can attest to that, too.
What a wonderful Father.
I'm crying. Okay, so I'm pregnant; I have an excuse. You hit it right on the head, Lu. He is pretty much the perfect father. We are lucky girls!
What a GREAT dad! Not a great-grandpa yet, but also a GREAT grandpa. ;) (Sometimes I can't believe how witty I am. I hear my humor is almost as good as dad's.) Way to be Dad!
I love this post--how sweet. I absolutely love the pictures of Papa with Nathan and you--a triple generation having a blast together. I agree with my sisters, we are pretty darn lucky and extremely blessed to have such a wonderful father and friend. Happy birthday dad! Love you.
What a nice birthday tribute!! Aren't dads and grandpas the best??
I love this post. Thank you so much. It made us cry. I love the picture of you two with Nathan, too.
Post a Comment