This morning Brielle and I wanted to have our own "preschool" and I decided that we would label different things in our house so that she would start seeing the words with each object and hopefully start to learn them. It started off great as we labeled "prophets, bed and nose" in her bedroom. I made the sound of each letter and she would tell me what letter made that sound and I would write it. She would then run and hang it up.
Then it got
even better. Brielle said she wanted to label Bear's hand next and said she would write it. I consented, wondering how it would turn out. Here it is:

H - A - N (that is the letter that is "colored in") - D.
She did it all by herself. She actually wrote a "big H (one that filled the whole card)" on the the other side first and when we determined that an "A" came next she said "I don't want a big H" and turned the card over and made a smaller one. Needless to say, I was impressed! Next she wanted to label bear's foot:
F - O - "I already did an O. Oh, there is two? giggle, giggle" O - T. Amazing! Then came bear's bow:

Brielle:"Circle?"
Mom: "Line, circle, circle"
Brielle: "Oh, line, circle, circle (B) - O - W."
E - She couldn't remember what a big Y looked like and started looking around the room for a prompt (We are only on the letter S in preschool, so we haven't studied Y yet). We found a book that had a big Y in the title and she started to copy it. She made that first line then tried to erase it with her hand. It wasn't what she wanted I guess, so she started again and wrote a Y - E

T - U - M - M - Y

Way to go Brielle! You did a fabulous job!
What a fun preschool! Who knew our 3 year old could write so well? It just has to be her idea I guess because when I have tried to encourage her to do it in the past she hasn't wanted to.
4 comments:
Brielle is sure a smart little cookie--Blake and I are very impressed. Sounds like a very fun preschool. I thought you were gonna go look at the mountain to find a Y to copy or the BYU logo, you know how Brielle loves to cheer "B-Y-U Cougars!" She's so adorable-we miss her.
That's my granddaughter!!! I'm so proud of her! I LOVE her "B" Someone should tell her she's only three and three-year-olds can't do this stuff yet.
Wow! I can't believe that! That is SO good! What a CUTE and FUN blog you have. Your kids are so adorable. I love all the fun things that Brielle does. She's amazing!
And VERY cute shower invites, by the way!
Shonna stole my comment, I was also going to say what a smart little cookie Brielle is! She is so cute :)
I wish I could come to Michelle's shower (very cute invite) but will be in Boise babysitting Tricia's kids I think.
Post a Comment