Thursday, April 30, 2009

Sickness and Travel...Why is it they always go together?

So, today was wonderful. We finished touring Nauvoo at 5:00 when they closed, had an AMAZING dinner at the Hotel Nauvoo, went swimming at our hotel and bedded the kids down for the night. With the kids sound asleep, Jared and I were preparing for our early departure tomorrow morning. We have a 9.5 hour drive with a stop at Springfield Illinois to visit the Lincoln Museum. Then we arrive at Blake and Shonna's!! Yipee! We can't wait. As we were preparing, Brielle suddenly sat up in bed and puked everywhere, 4 times (we got towels and the ice bucket there in time to catch the last 2). Ugh. I got her all bathed, dressed in new pj's, and into our bed (I don't think she ever really woke up) and Jared is still trying to get new sheets for the other bed. I just threw all of her soiled clothes in to be washed which means no bedtime until at least midnight. Oh well. I am glad that she doesn't seem to be feeling badly. Jared and I are just hoping with all our mights that it isn't food poisoning from the medium to medium-rare beef that we all enjoyed at dinner. Both of us worried about eating it the day before we traveled in the car all day, but it tasted so good that we weren't about to voice our concerns to each other. Please pray that all four of us won't be up all night with churning tummys and only one toilet! Ugh!

P.S. Word of advice from Jared - Next time you stay at a hotel, as a matter of routine, put the plastic bag in the ice bucket (even if you don't plan to use it)...just in case.

3 comments:

Kay Hinton said...

Oh, stink! I'm so sorry!!! I am hoping and praying you won't all get sick! Thanks for the advice, Jared.

KaraLynne and Andy said...

Note taken, Jared. How awful! I hope things are getting better.

Jen said...

Oh Jared and Kristen--we hear you!!! We had a throwing up in the ice bucket night this last week at Disneyland. It was horrible. Amen to the bag in the bucket, although whatever works. I am so glad it got a lot better after that!