Andy and KaraLynne live only 1 hour way from Kirtland and Hiram, Ohio, the location of more fabulous church history sites. We got up early this morning, all climbed into their van, and headed off for a day of fun. Both the John Johnson Farm in Hiram and the Kirtland sights have changed quite a bit since I went on the church history tour with my family 10-15 years ago. It was fun to see them again and to feel the spirit there. We were blessed to visit 3 places where both God and Christ appeared (the John Johson Farm/Section 76, The Newel K. Whitney Story/School of the Prophets, and The Kirtland Temple) and there was a sacred feeling at each place.
Nathan, Lyman and Brielle in the back. Lyman was so nice to share things with both of his cousins while in the car.
Corilynn and I had fun in the two captain seats. The brothers were up front.
The back of the John Johnson Farm
The 3 of them attack the camera. That is much more fun than standing still while mom tries to get the perfect shot.
Lyman...handsome kid.
Corilynn...love her smile.
10 comments:
Your kids are sooo cute! We miss you guys! I totally have been meaning to respond to your email... my jogging stroller is a Croozer... $230-ish, and we got it at Guthries bike shop in South Salt Lake. Your friend has probably already bought one, but, you know how I roll! I love your pigtails! I want to go take pictures of your old house, Denece has painted everything, so it is good that you left it white :)! She does a good job with faux painting... kitchen...orange, living room...brown, master...light blue, I don't know if you care, but, I always want to go the places where I have lived to see how they look! Anyway, have a good day!
Jules
This brings back such good memories. I loved being in those special places. Nathan looks very good in his Easter suit!
I am SO glad to see each of your posts and vicariously live your adventure. It's so great to get to go to these places ESPECIALLY with people you like and who know the area. I guess school isn't all bad (but mostly since it took you away from me!). When Ella (who is turning FIVE tomorrow - can you believe it???) saw the pictures she said - I know who that is! Who? I asked. "Brielle-ee!!!!" We love you guys. Come back any time!
What a fun trip! Spring is a perfect time to do it, too. I'm glad that Brielle and Nathan are getting a bit of cousin time. That's always good.
We never did make it to Kirtland on our church history tour with my family. I would love to go! It's neat to see all your pictures. Such a great trip!
I do have to agree, I love the pigtails that you and Brielle are wearing. Too cute!
You have been so many amazing places!! It's been fun reading about all of these church history sites!!
Looks like a lot of fun! Here we live just a couple hours from it and have visited Georgia before we've gone there. Soon though. I love seeing the cousin pictures.
Yeah for all the fun. I wish i could have been there.
I am only now getting to see your blog and enjoyed seeing all the cousin photos and especially the upper room in the Newell K Whitney Store. That room always looks brand new and it is still the original wood.
I did not realize that you had done the trip with Andy and KaraLynne. That was great!
Post a Comment