Rating: See Below
Quote of the Week: See Below
I went into to the store today (Yes. Today. Late. I know.) to buy one of the cheeses on our list of "must-try"s. As I entered the cheese section (which is VERY large), I met the cheese-taster-lady. She had a large tray of different cheeses to try. As I studied the selection, carefully calculating which one cheese I would try, I stalled, earning more calculation time, by telling the cheese-taster-lady our summer cheese mission. Her eyes lit up. "You must try Buffalo Wing Monterrey Jack cheese! It is by far our bestseller AND it is on special." Well, you put the words "bestseller" and "on special" in the same sentence and I am hooked. (I know, being married to a marketer, I should know better.) I completely forgot about the purpose of my mission (we have more cheeses on our "must try" list than we have weeks left in Wisconsin) and walked over to the Buffalo Wing Cheese (she didn't have that kind on the sampler tray--maybe that should have been a hint) and selected a block of the marbled cheese. It didn't even occur to me that that might be a stupid decision until I saw Jared's face as he sniffed the cheese while opening the package. "This is quite reminiscent of bacon cheese," was all he would say. I was crestfallen. But it was a BESTSELLER and it was ON SPECIAL!! It couldn't be like bacon cheese! Jared's first taste rated it slightly better than the dreaded bacon cheese (which, by the way, tasted fabulous in a bacon and cheese quiche)...at least it wasn't processed. I reluctantly picked up a piece, set it on a cracker, and took a bite. Hmmm. Delicious!! I absolutely love it. Jared's opinion improved significantly when he ate it with a cracker as well. Nathan, however, was a different story. After popping a piece of the cheese in his mouth and chewing a bit, his face screwed up in disgust, his arms started flapping, and he opened his mouth with a pleading look on his face that said, "GET THAT STUFF OUT OF THERE...QUICK!!" So, you decide, was my tangent a success? Or was it a failure? I vote success. I have found a new favorite.
Review: Rich Monterrey Jack flavor coupled with the taste of buffalo wings minus the heat (The name didn't clue us in on that at all :) ). Yum!
Rating on a scale of 1-10: 10 (at least, according to me)
Quote of the Week: "No way! This is good. Really good!"
6 comments:
Sounds interestingly good!
You guys are too brave for me. BTW, what is the "WW" in "WWCR"?
Good question Dad. It should actually be WWWCR for Weekly Wednesday Wisconsin Cheese Review. So, take your pick: Weekly Wisconsin CR, Wednesday Wisconsin CR, Weekly Wednesday CR...or Kristen is just to lazy to type the thrid W every week! :)
Good story!! I vote: SUCCESS. If you liked it, what else matters?? Jared won't even try the delicious orange cheese powder in Kraft mac and cheese, and heck, I grew up on the stuff.:)
We're so glad you found another one that you liked! And we're glad you fell for the marketing ploy as well because you've got to be human once in a while. ;)
You guys are awesome! Way to take a tangent and make the best of it. I agree with the vote: SUCCESS!
Post a Comment