Monday, July 13, 2009

Sushi and Beach

Last Friday, Jared took me to Green Bay to a wonderful sushi restaurant that he had heard about. I LOVED it. The smell of the miso soup brought back so many memories and I had to try the tobiko (fish eggs) as it was my favorite while I was in Japan. Surprisingly, I still really enjoyed it.
On Saturday, we woke up and went to the beach of Lake Michigan. We had a BLAST! It is amazing how fun water and sand can be. It felt just like the ocean, except that the waves were much smaller. Bre loved the sand. By the end she was crawling all over in it to feel as much of it as possible.

Our only bucket was a BUCKET, but it worked well.

Jared and Bre "sinking their feet".

Off to the beach with the bucket. At first Nathan didn't like the water. He would run away everytime a wave came being very careful not to get wet. Then he got his hand all dirty and decided he wanted to wash it. So he went to the edge of the water and very carefully lowered himself onto his tummy on the sand to wash his hand. At that exact moment, a wave came in, soaking him. I simply couldn't keep myself from laughing. He learned a valuable lesson about the beach. After that he was a little more willing to get wet.

5 comments:

Heather - said...

That looks so fun!! I've always wanted to try sushi, I'll have to give it a try sometime, when I'm not pregnant.

Joan Morris said...

I LOVE sushi and the beach. I guess I really do need to come visit you. I actually kind of visited you last weekend when we stayed in your Provo apartment during the family reunion. Thank you so much for letting us invade your cute apartment. It was fun rooming with your Mom and Dad :)
PS Chocolate cheese fudge sounds delicious!!!

Shonna said...

What a funny story. So glad you guys are having such a fun time; can't wait to come visit!

Kay Hinton said...

Love your haircut, love the picture of Bri in the sand with the hat, love the picture of Jared and Nathan with the bucket, love the story of Nathan trying to wash his hand on his belly, love the post, hate the fish eggs. OOSSHHH!!!

Michelle said...

Such fun pictures! I love the one with Nathan and the bucket in the foreground and Brielle running towards the camera in the background. It should be an advertisement or front of a magazine or something. And their little hats are darling. I wish I could have seen Nathan's little wave incident. SO cute.