Monday, October 26, 2009

A Day Off

Jared offered to stay home with the kids all day on Saturday so that I could join my parents on a trip up to Logan to attend my cousin's wedding (fun way for him to celebrate his birthday eh? What a kind husband!). It was a wonderful day and a nice break for me. I loved being able to spend time with my parents and it was nice to see a lot of extended family that I hadn't seen in a very long time.

One of my favorite parts of the weekend was seeing my the insane excitement of children when Grandma and Grandpa arrived. Wow. They couldn't contain themselves. You can still see the excitement on their faces and this picture was take about 15 minutes after they arrived. Nathan just ran around the room squealing and telling everyone that "gwanpa (his term for both of them)" was here. After this picture Grandma tried to put him down and he utterly refused. He just help up his legs as high as he could and held on to Grandma for dear life. It was so darling to see how much they love their grandparents.Grandpa played this fun game with Nathan...something about BYU Cougars and he kept asking for more. W. Conrad and Hailey. Cute couple! Mom and Dad at the wedding.
Love my parents! Isn't the Logan temple beautiful?!? I love Logan and it was extra beautiful on this trip with all of the fall foilage. My mom's parent's are both from Logan so we got to go on a trip down memory lane while we were there. We saw many of the houses my Great Grandfather built, the homes where both of my grandparents were born, and the Bluebird candy shop where my mom and her sisters went every time they visited Logan. Yum.
Part of memory lane included visiting their graves. It brought back so many memories to walk up and see their names on that headstone. Man, I miss them. They are wonderful people!
Do you see Brielle's name in the middle of Ga"briel"sen. She is named after them.My Mom and her siblings with their spouses at the cemetary.
Celebrating Jared's birthday
Happy Birthday Hon!

8 comments:

Blake said...

What a great post! I just love the look on Nathan's face as he's being held by one of his "Gwanpas". Thanks for sharing!

Michelle said...

SO fun! I'm glad you got a day away. What a nice hubby. And those kids DO look super excited to see their grandparents. Darling. You look really pretty, Lu.

Kay Hinton said...

What a fun time! Thank you so much!

smithtrek said...

Wow! What a glorious day for you and your family! What a beautiful day for wedding! The leaves look gorgeous! Thank you for sharing it with us.
P.S. I got your address from Jenny Fife's blog.
P.P.S. Please say hello to Brielle for me, I really miss having her in Sunbeams

Shonna said...

I just love all of those pictures! The ones with mom and dad and you and each parent are just priceless. I'm so glad you got to go to that.

James and Tricia Thomas said...

Good to see you! Your cupcakes are AMAZING!!! I love them!!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

HOORAY for a day of being a person. Not that being a mom isn't what you would USUALLY choose - it's just fun to remember that the mom is made up of a real live human. I love that you got to be with your parents as they remembered. What a treasure. I'm also glad that you got to go home to the cutest cake ever! I hope it was as yummy as it was creative!

Kristen Mackrory said...

It wasn't. It was as hard as a rock. Oh well. It made for easier decorating. :)