Friday, October 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Jared!!


Today is my hot husband's birthday and we are loving the chance to celebrate him a little bit. The kids and I are very grateful to have such an amazing man leading our family. Here are some of the things we love and admire about him (in no particular order):


  • Incredible father-He cares about, understands, includes, loves and PLAYS with Brielle and Nathan and they LOVE it.
  • Wonderful husband and friend

  • Supportive - He supports me in everything I want to do

  • Loving- He loves the kids and I for who we are. What a blessing.

  • Commited to righteousness

  • Great provider-He sacrifices much to make sure that we are well-provided for

  • Finds great fulfilment and joy in helping others

  • Loves being outside

  • His muscles

  • Very handy - From landscaping to finishing a basement to solving a problem at home, he can do it all!

  • Grateful heart - He remembers his blessings and what others have done for him and helps us to remember it too.

  • Desires to be self-sufficient - He is always coming up with new ways to be self-sufficient, from gardening, to hunting to begging me to get chickens. His dream would be to live on a farm far in the countryside where we could be totally self-sufficient. I admire that strength and desire.

  • His smile!

  • FIRM in the Faith

  • Trustworthy

  • Thoughtful-He always gives the most meaningful gifts

  • He is a door closer! (and after my last post you know how helpful that is!)

  • Calming

  • Perspective - He has an amazing ability to see the whole picture of life.

  • Giving-He is so good to do what I love to do because I know I enjoy having him do it with me.

  • Intelligent-Man, is he smart!?!

  • Diligent-When he commits to do something, he strives to do his best

  • Creative

  • Great sense of humor

  • Cares about representing others well- For example, when he interviews with companies, he is as concerned about representing BYU well as he is about representing himself well.

  • Listener - This doesn't come naturally for him, but I really appreciate that he tries to do it, for my sake. :)

  • His good looks!

We love you Jared!! Happy Birthday!

9 comments:

sara cardon said...

Happy Birthday Jared!! And I loved your "open door" post. So true. Lucy and Brielle sound like kindred spirits. I'm sure if we lived nearby they would be buddies. She NEVER wants the door shut for naptime-- she begs "leave it open a "cwack!" so she can hear Zachy and I.:)

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Happy Dang Birthday Jared! It makes me want to have lamb and mint sauce to celebrate. You really must be SOMETHING to make Kristen and Brielle and Nathan love you like that. Well, we won't say that you are "good looking" or that we like "your muscles" because it would be a bit embarassing - but know that the Rhineharts agree with all of the not mushy stuff. We are glad you were born!

Michelle said...

Aaawwww! Gosh. Jared IS a great guy. Well said, Lu. Happy, happy birthday! Yay for an awesome brother in law!

Blake said...

Happy Birthday Jared! What fun pictures, too. And we can't forget to mention that he's a wonderful brother-in-law too. We are all blessed to know him.
~Still me, Shonna, but I'm sure Blake would totally agree. ;)

Bonnie said...

We loved Elder Mackrory from the moment we met him and wanted to adopt him. Happy Birthday, Jared! You truly are an amazing guy and we love you lots!

The Thomas'

Blake said...

Happy b-day Jared. I hope you enjoyed it and got to spend wonderful time with Kristen and the kids. Keep on smilin!

Kay Hinton said...

Great post! Happy birthday, Jared. I love the picture of Nathan and Jared with the fishing pole.

KaraLynne and Andy said...

Happy Birthday Jared! We think you are pretty cool too. And we like your muscles too.

Meagan said...

Happy birthday Jared! I hope it was great. Kristen, love the post, you are just adorable and I'm so glad ya'll are so happy!