I just finished the cake. Yay! It is always fun to watch something you have planned to do come to life. Jared has REALLY missed not being able to have a garden the last 2 years (and I have missed the fresh produce he gets from it!). When we talk about settling in a house at the end of school, the thing he talks about most is being able to put in a garden. He doesn't even like to eat most of the produce, but he loves to grow, cook, and can it. Can we say amazing man? Anyway, I decided to make him a garden for his birthday:


The last 30 minutes just about did all 3 of us in. I just wanted to finish it in peace and the kids just wanted to TOUCH IT, and EAT IT, and jump around it, and just plain wherever the cake was. AAAAH!
Nathan and Brielle help frost the cupcakes and put the "dirt" on. So, so fun.
18 comments:
You have such wicked cake skills. Did you use marzipan for the veggies? What are the signs? Amazing. Tell Jared Happy Birthday.
you are so stinking amazing!
WOW!!!! Sheesh, Lu. You've done it this time. How in the world did you do those detailed little veggies? Oh, so little and perfect! You are one talented cake decorat-er!!!
Wow Kristen, awesome skills! Happy Birthday to Jared too!!
CUTE!! I wish you'd come make Lucy's birthday cake for me this December... I hope she likes frozen cakes from Dairy Queen.:)
Very cute and creative. I remember the corn on the cob and spaghetti cupcakes you brought to the Relief Society social in Joy's backyard. You are very talented!
Holy cow! That is adorable! What a fun, creative idea and you are so good at making it. I wish I coulda been there to play with the kids while you made it, sorry it got really hard.
~Shonna, it's actually me.
looks fabulous! I'm sure he LOVED it...maybe even more than a real garden?! way to go! :)
The veggies are made out of fruit chews, cornflakes, m & m's etc. Just different candies. The signs are made from white chocolate and frosting on a graham cracker with a pretzel. Pretty easy actually. :)
I don't know about pretty easy. I think going to the dentist is easier, but that's just me. I'm sure you'd feel differently Kristen. Maybe I'll make a cake...I think I could handle the dirt part. :) You guys are awesome and we're so grateful to be part of the same family.
I got to see it in person . . .and it was amazing! I don't know how you do it with two busy little ones! I love you!
That cake was amazing!
His garden looks so great! I bet he was super excited to see it - and the dirt looked like a fun activity for the kids.
VERY cute! My kids are lucky to get a cake...seriously, one year I forgot to make one for Elise. Oops!
What a darling cake! You are so talented!!!
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!! Well, I'm not actually TOO surprised - after all, you ARE Kristen Mackrory!!! Tell Jared that his mint is happily growing in my garden - AND if you come back here I will even give you back a start!
OK, UM.... PERFECT Cupcakes!
Kristen, you are absolutely amazing. Those are the coolest cupcakes I've EVER seen! So impressive.
Post a Comment