Monday, October 12, 2009

Pumpkin Day

The kids and I started the day at Pumpkinland where we enjoyed all the fun of fall. We got to choose our own pumpkins, visit the petting zoo, and enjoy the exciting children's area as well as have fun with friends. Brielle and Katelyn

How did my kids score the ride? Their two good friends Cayden Blair (in front) and Cayden Larsen (in back) are treating them to the fun.
Me, Jamie (she also served in Japan) and Mayumi (her English is too good for us to feel comfortable practicing our Japanese, but it is fun to hear it again!)
Brielle and Cayden - Aren't those BIG pumpkins?!?
Nathan's special pumpkin. "I carry it!!!" It looks a bit heavy, eh?Family shot Check out that train. For cool.
Is it coming back?
Then we carved the pumpkins for FHE tonight. So, so fun.
Cleaning out the seeds. "Ooo. It's slimy."
Brielle's creation. She designed it herself. Pretty creative huh? The eyes are a pumpkin and an apple, an acorn nose, and leaf shapes form the mouth.
For some reason Nathan's pumpkin was REALLY hard and therefore practically impossible to carve. So Jared pulled out the Dremel. Nathan wasn't sure what to think. Maybe this is kind-of cool
I tried to numerous times delete this picture as it is a repeat, but it wouldn't let me, so I guess you need to see it. She was quite the good pumpkin cleaner.
Check out Nathan's finished work!
Oh what fun...

10 comments:

Jamie said...

I made your blog! I thought the pumpkin patch was so fun! I definitely want to go back when my kids are your kids ages! It looks like carving was alot of fun!

K Western said...

What a cute place, Pumpkinland. It looks like you all had fun!

Kay Hinton said...

So, so fun!!! That family shot is awesome. Is that just on the timer? The pumpkins are so creative- nice work! It's fun to see Jamie who I've heard so much about!

Joan Morris said...

I love that last picture of your family! So cute!

Shonna said...

I love pumpkinland! I took students on a fieldtrip there. I just love the picture of Nathan holding that big pumpkin. ;) You guys are an adorable family. I'm so glad you went with some friends too, that's great.

James and Tricia Thomas said...

What a cute place! I love fall and all the fall fun!! And I have to say that is one big pumpkin!!

The Freed Family said...

Really....you think pumpkin carving is fun? I have to say that I hate carving pumpkins....it is probably because of the mess it makes and because it takes forever for Mitch to carve the intricate designs that each child picks! :)

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Kristen - can I just tell you how much I MISS you??? I'm glad just to know that you are one state over again. Nathan is getting WAY too big - before you know it he will outgrow those mammoth pumpkins like Brielleeee was sitting on. Nathan!!!

Anyway... Welcome back. When are you moving in next to me?

Candida Marie said...

cute!!!! you got some awesome pics. i blogged about that outing just yesterday!

Michelle said...

DARLING post. I love the picture of Nathan carrying his own pumpkin. He looks very determined. And I think it is hilarious that in the picture with the train THERE, all 4 kids are watching including Brielle. As soon as the train is past the girl loses interest and the boys are still watching, waiting for it to come back. The pumpkins turned out beautiful! Good work!