Tonight Dad and Nathan went for a walk while Brielle and I stayed home. While reading the "Friend", we saw something about a treasure hunt. Brielle said, "Let's do one now!" So we decided to do a treasure hunt for Dad that led to his Father's Day gift. Brielle came up with the hiding places and helped me think of attributes about that place that we could put in the clue to help Dad find it. It was a lot of fun:
The first "Welcome Home" clue on the garage door.
Clue #2 on the green dress she wore especially for Father's Day, since it is his favorite color. She has been planning it ALL week. You'd think Father's Day was Christmas the way she has been counting down to the big day. She loves her Daddy. She also loved singing to him in sacrament meeting.
"He guessed the fridge! That's right!"
Another clue
Spoons? Might we need these when we find the treasure?
"Happy Father's Day!" Pirate's Booty ice cream!
Jared did his research and was thrilled to find out you CAN still get his favorite Pirates Booty ice cream! But, only in a 3 gallon container. $25 of ice cream?!? We decided it was the perfect Father's Day gift. He got some jeans too. And good thing! Between Old Navy and home, the only pair he owned developed 2 holes in the knee. Ironic.
Today I interviewed Brielle about her Dad
I started by asking her what she loves about her Dad: "I love about dad cuz he gave me a popsicle in that movie (they had just watched a New Testament video together). He gave me an orange one. It was really yummy and really cold."
"And I liked about daddy that it is Father's Day and I am going to wear his favorite color."
What is your favorite thing to do with Dad? "Watch movies with him."
What else do you like to do with him? "Play with him, have so much fun with him, and planting my seeds." (Jared and the kids have planted a mini garden behind our duplex. They watch it very faithfully. Unfortunately, between the slugs and the voles we will be lucky to get any full grown plants. Blast.)
What do you like about Dad? "I like that he chases me and tickles me."
What is your Dad's favorite color? "Green"
What is your dad's favorite food? "Umm. I don't know. What is his favorite food mom?"
What is your dad's favorite food? "Umm. I don't know. What is his favorite food mom?"
Mom: "He likes roast beef and parsnips. "
Brielle: "He likes roast beef and parsnips."
What does your Daddy do for you? (She needed examples so I prompted her with "like at night and when he leaves during the day) "He reads me stories. He makes money so that we can buy food and keep our house."
Brielle's turn to type: "brielle mom"
What animals does he like? "Moose, deer and elk"
What does your dad like to do? "Go hunting and eat the animals."
What is his favorite story to tell Brielle? "About when I was born, I think."
What does your dad like to do? "Go hunting and eat the animals."
What is his favorite story to tell Brielle? "About when I was born, I think."
How do you feel about your Dad? "Happy"
What do you want to tell your Dad? "That I love him."
What do you want to tell your Dad? "That I love him."
LOVE, BRIELLE
Sidenote: At dinner when it was Nathan's turn to say what he liked about Dad he said "watch movies with him."
8 comments:
That is such a sweet post!!! Happy Father's day!
She is so cute! And what a fun treasure hunt!
I love that first picture of Brielle. What a fun treasure hunt and what a great prize!!! I love the interview. You'll "treasure" that when she's older.
SO cute. "hunt animals and eat them. . . ." hilarious. Man, $25 of ice cream IS the perfect gift for Jared!
That's probably the cutest story I've read in a really long time. We can't wait to see you guys!
What a fun girl - and I mean you! I am glad that your kids are like you and Jared - it will make the world a better place.
P.S. I never eat a blueberry without thinking fondly of you.
Super cute interview. And the house picts are great too - i love the color scheme - cant wait to see the real house. Catching up on your blog is fun,
Love the pictures and the interview with Dad ideas is great!!
Post a Comment