I love Christmas Eve. I love the anticipation. I love the family togetherness. I love the focus on Christ. This is our first year celebrating Christmas as our own little family. We have always celebrated with extended family in the past. Though we miss them, it has been a wonderful opportunity to create our own memories and traditions. We spent quite a bit of time planning how we wanted a Mackrory Christmas celebration to look. We melded things from each of our families and integrated other ideas as well. So far it has been wonderful. Today we enjoyed working together to make dinner, wrapping gifts, and last minute shopping. Then we had our Christmas Eve dinner and festivities. So wonderful. It was so nice to just be together. Now to the fun preparation for tomorrow (once Brielle has fallen asleep.)
6 comments:
It looks like the sugar sprinkles and the bug pj's were the hit of the day. :) You put a ton of planning and work into that . . . it turned out beautiful! Nathan's face in the pic where he opening up the pj's is priceless. Way to get this post up so quickly; I'm impressed!
OH Happy happy Christmas eve. What a delightful post. Your dinner with everyone dressed up is so nice. Brielle must have taken the mom and dad picture. Nice work! Merry Christmas to you!
I am so envious of your lamb dinner. It looks DELICIOUS! Honestly, now that we've experienced quiet Christmases with just our family, I wouldn't go back. I kind of like it as just us. :) Hope you had Merry Christmas. You're card was so cute.
We had lamb too and it was delicious! I love having time with family for Christmas but it is really neat to do it alone with just your little family. We love it.
I am impressed with all the work you put into that meal!!! What a wonderful way to spend Christmas Eve!
I love the jammies!
Post a Comment