Thursday, January 29, 2009

What is different?

We added something new and exciting to our bedroom ensemble. Can you guess what that might be?
Hint#1: Jared made them.

Hint #2: If you were to purchase them online they would cost you about $370. It only cost Jared about $30 to make them. (If you read this earlier I have corrected the prices after talking to Jared. The first price I posted was for an antler chandelier not a table lamp. Ooops.)

Hint #3: Jared started accumulating the parts for this addition 3 years ago in the fall on an overnight trip in the mountains carrying a gun. We had to purchase a freezer the same weekend.

Hint #4: He got more parts for our addition the next fall on a similar outing.

Have you guessed yet?



ANTLER LAMPS! At first the thought disgusted me a bit, but not anymore. I like the way they look. He did a great job turning the antlers into matching lamps (something we haven't had in our married life. Our lamps have always been mismatched). Plus, the shades match our bedding perfectly. How fun! Jared amazes me with his ability to tackle a new project and do it with such success.

3 comments:

Heather - said...

Now that's impressive! They look so, so good.

Kay Hinton said...

Wow! They really do look cool. You forgot to mention that he also built the headboard and bedside tables . . . or are these different ones? Anyway, he built the ones you used to have. He is amazing.

sara cardon said...

Who knew Jared was such a handyman?? But if I'm being honest, I'm more impressed with your lovely throw pillows on the bed!!:) Those are SO pretty!! Did you make them?? So much talent in one family...