Monday, June 29, 2009

Berry Picking

For our FHE activity tonight we went berry picking with the Allens, an amazing family in our ward that we really enjoy being with. We all had a blast. Then we came home and made crepes with which to enjoy the freshly picked berries. Yum!Libby (Brielle's age), Whitney, Everly, Chris, Kanza, Cheyenne, Nathan, Kristen, Jared and Brielle...fun, fun, fun!We were told that the motto for this kid-friendly picking spot is: "If you don't come back with a red face, you haven't done your job." I guess Nathan did his job really well! :) He loved them. Brielle is quite the strawberry picker!!! She won't eat them, but she LOVED picking them. She had the most fun of any of us I think. It was hard to convince her to leave.

Nathan and Jared. A great team!

Great work girls!Check out the rainbow!The welcoming committeeHappy 4th of July! Looks patriotic eh? Jared and Brielle made fresh strawberry lemonade as well. Yum!

7 comments:

whitney said...

This was great fun! Thanks for the memory!

Shonna said...

How fun! I want to go. Brielle looks so pleased with herself and her picking, it's too bad she wouldn't eat any. Are strawberries still your favorite fruit? I know you loved them when we were little.

Kay Hinton said...

It's so fun to see pictures of your adventure and fun friends. I love the one of Nathan eating the strawberry. It's comforting to see the pictures of Brielle and see that she's just fine after the night before.

Jamie said...

Yeah, your kids age looks MUCH funner than my kids age! Jackson was dropping the strawberries in the mud and then picking upt he mud and eating it too. Then I put him in my back pack (which KILLED my back) and he got strawberries all over my hair. Looks like you had fun and I am very impressed with your food to go with them. All I could think to make was jam (which we have way too much of!)

Meagan said...

I've noticed in your pictures that Jared wears the same things on the weekend that he used to wear to the office. Haha. I love the pictures of the berry-picking! So fun! I think a great thing about the mid-west is that there are a lot of farms like that to go to. You guys are doing so much and seeing so much, I feel like I'm standing still!

The Freed Family said...

The crepe with the strawberries and blueberries made me smile. I still remember your lesson where you used the blueberry analogy. I think it might have been the last lesson you taught here.

Mitch said...

What BIG strawberries; it reminds me of shortly after we arrived in New Zealand and we went strawberry picking. We picked a BIG bucket full but there was only about half a bucket left when we got home. Clue: Jared was in the back row of the van (with the bucket)!

I love the rock! Happy 4th of July!! What a country!

What an impressive looking crepe. When I used to make pancakes for the kids they never looked at all like that.