Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Father's Day Weekend




From my list of suggested activities, Jared chose to spend Saturday in Door County to celebrate Father's Day. We had an absolute blast!! Here are some highlights (by double clicking on the pictures you can see a larger image...you probably all know that, but I just recently figured it out. Thanks for the tip Mom): The Farm - these are all really fun pictures to look at. I love the kids' faces.
As you can see, it was a very interactive farm. Such a neat experience.

The beach was the next stop. This one wasn't planned, so we didn't have swimming suits. However, the lack of appropriate gear didn't stop Brielle from getting completely wet or Nathan from burying himself in the sand.

After going to a waterfront playground, we stopped at the Swedish restaurant that we had heard so much about due to the goats that they have grazing on the roof. Yes, that is sod you see on the roof. I guess that is somewhat common in Sweden, but goats on roofs are not. After a very full day with no naps, I was worried about what lay in store for us during dinner. I was fearful we wouldn't get to eat. However, within about 5 minutes, our son (who never sleeps unless in his bed, or occasionally in his car seat) was fast asleep, head on the table. Brielle was not far behind him. So Jared and I thoroughly enjoyed a dinner of Swedish breads with Lingonberry jelly, Filet Mignon, and Swedish Pancakes with strawberries, ice cream and whipped cream. YUM!For Father's Day I made a yummy mango salsa to eat with pork loin, potatoes and fresh green beans. Before eating, the kids gave him the presents they had made. Nathan colored a picture and Brielle had painted a frame for him and made a card that said, "I love you Dad." We ended the day with a beautiful drive through the country.

It had been a difficult week for all of us. We were kind-of in a slump. So this weekend was just what we needed. Anyone want to come to Wisconsin for a visit? It will be fun. I promise.

8 comments:

James and Tricia Thomas said...

Looks like fun!! The kids sleeping through dinner is AWESOME!!!

Jamie said...

I'll be there! I wish! It would be so fun to have play dates!

Blake said...

What a sweet Fathers Day! I'd bet Jared was just in heaven. Thanks for sharing all the great pictures!

Suz said...

Looks like a fun day. If only you guys were just a bit closer so we could come and visit! Oh well- I guess we'll have to settle for seeing you in August!

Shonna said...

What a blast! I love those priceless pictures. You are all so photogenic. Those kids are growing up.

Michelle said...

I could look at these pictures for hours! I love the one of Nathan holding the chicken. The look on his face seems to indicate that "this is cool, but weird . . . I don't know WHAT to think about it." Why is Nathan in two different outfits in the farm pictures?

Briant Giles said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I would love to visit Wisconsin in the summer. I was there a few years ago in the summer and thought it was a great place. Hey, tell Jared that I am working on the VFL team now. It's Jason, me, and Bruce! If he has any advice, have him shoot me an email.

Joan Morris said...

Happy Father's Day Jared. Looks like a great weekend! I'm wondering where the WWCR is though??