Monday, June 22, 2009

Our Frogs

Jared awakened on Father's Day to find the following exciting gift...
Yes, you did see that right. The frogs that grew from the eggs and polywogs that we caught are what? A tenth of the size of a quarter? Crazy.

Left side: Frog. Right side: Almost Frog.
We released the ones that had fully developed into frogs yesterday so that they could get food (they need live prey and there was no way we were bringing live bugs in our home for them to catch)...or become food.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

How fun! They are so cute and little. I bet the kids really enjoyed that.

Kay Hinton said...

I'm so glad to hear you aren't bringing in bugs. Congratulations on your new babies.

sara cardon said...

Cute!! What a fun learning experiment for your kiddos. Hopefully they won't have the life-span of goldfish and die on you anytime too soon.:)

Shonna said...

Those frogs are so little, it makes me want to hold one of them.

Claire said...

I've never seen such a small frog! I bet your kids love them!!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Yuck.