There are several things I have never done:
· Eaten Kraft Mac ‘n Cheese
· Sent a Text Message
· Gone Sky Diving
· Visited Alaska and…
· Contributed to a Blog
I have no intention of ever doing some of these things (Sky Diving and eating Mac ‘n Cheese). But today, I take a long overdue step into the digital age and write our Weekly Wisconsin Cheese Review. If you know me, you may be wondering why I am taking this step. The truth – it’s better than folding laundry.
So here we go…
Tonight we decided to follow my sister-in-law’s advice and tried Gouda cheese. With a small hurdle to clear (last week we tried Blue Cheese) we have decided that Gouda is Gouda. Gouda is Gouda than blue cheese. Gouda is Gouda than the yucky bacon cheese I picked a few weeks ago (that makes KaraLynne a Gouda cheese chooser than me). The kids think the Gouda is Gouda since it has red wax to pick off and play with. And, writing about the Gouda is even Gouda than folding laundry. The only thing that could make Gouda Gouda is if Gouda was Gouda than ice-cream. Last week, after our not so Goud cheese review, I thought a Gouda idea would be to do a Weekly Wisconsin Dairy Product review instead of the cheese review. My first pick would be my new favorite ice-cream. If you ever come to Wisconsin, you will need to try Pirates Booty ice-cream. It is the 2008 Wisconsin State Fair Ice-cream Flavor Competition Winner which means… you guessed it, it was Gouda than all the other ice-cream flavors! So, if my Gouda wife were to agree, every Wednesday you would be hearing about Goud dairy treats and not just cheese. But, since I am smart, I will be a Goud husband and listen to my Goud wife and continue trying all the cheeses Wisconsin has to offer – well at least the Gouda ones, no more blue cheese for us.
· Eaten Kraft Mac ‘n Cheese
· Sent a Text Message
· Gone Sky Diving
· Visited Alaska and…
· Contributed to a Blog
I have no intention of ever doing some of these things (Sky Diving and eating Mac ‘n Cheese). But today, I take a long overdue step into the digital age and write our Weekly Wisconsin Cheese Review. If you know me, you may be wondering why I am taking this step. The truth – it’s better than folding laundry.
So here we go…
Tonight we decided to follow my sister-in-law’s advice and tried Gouda cheese. With a small hurdle to clear (last week we tried Blue Cheese) we have decided that Gouda is Gouda. Gouda is Gouda than blue cheese. Gouda is Gouda than the yucky bacon cheese I picked a few weeks ago (that makes KaraLynne a Gouda cheese chooser than me). The kids think the Gouda is Gouda since it has red wax to pick off and play with. And, writing about the Gouda is even Gouda than folding laundry. The only thing that could make Gouda Gouda is if Gouda was Gouda than ice-cream. Last week, after our not so Goud cheese review, I thought a Gouda idea would be to do a Weekly Wisconsin Dairy Product review instead of the cheese review. My first pick would be my new favorite ice-cream. If you ever come to Wisconsin, you will need to try Pirates Booty ice-cream. It is the 2008 Wisconsin State Fair Ice-cream Flavor Competition Winner which means… you guessed it, it was Gouda than all the other ice-cream flavors! So, if my Gouda wife were to agree, every Wednesday you would be hearing about Goud dairy treats and not just cheese. But, since I am smart, I will be a Goud husband and listen to my Goud wife and continue trying all the cheeses Wisconsin has to offer – well at least the Gouda ones, no more blue cheese for us.
12 comments:
Very goud, Jared! I'm so glad you've entered the very happy world of blogging. It's obviously where you belong! I loved your cheese review. Now if you can get your father-in-law to join you, you'll be REALLY goud. You're right, that Pirate's booty ice cream was GOUD!!
Gouda job Jared! You are a natural. Also Im glad you liked my cheese suggestion - but was that smoked Gouda? Cause I know smoked Gouda is gouda than regular - if you can believe it!
Cute play on words Jared, but I couldn't tell if you liked the gouda or not :)Thumbs up or thumbs down and I agree with your sister in law, smoked gouda is way goud.
I'm still laughing. I'm having a hard time stopping. That was too goud.
Did you know Gouda cheese is a Dutch cheese? As I started reading this post, Michelle had to teach me the English pronounciation in order to appreciate it. For those who are interested, Gouda cheese is in fact pronouced: (gutteral sound)-owda. And very goed cheese it is.
Wow, that was cheesy. Maybe you should stick to folding laundry. :P Kidding. I can totally hear you saying that and I miss you at work. Hope all is well!
Go Jared! I've never read a Gouda post than this. I hope to read many more Gouda posts in the future.
Excellent blog Jared. Mom told me it was good and that it was typically you. It is! I made me go and look up some other cheeses you should try...
Sirene for a quiet sunday afternoon. Hopefully you never meet a Stinking Bishop or it could be your Waterloo. When we lived in Wellington (another cheese) we should have tried the Hipi Iti or the Kikorangi. The first one sounds quite Ewe! Thanks for the laugh!
Your hired! That was a great post!! Glad the cheese was a success!! And you really need to eat kraft Mac 'n cheese!! It's goud too!!!
Gouda is definitely one of my favorites. And if you think blue cheese is bad you should take a gander at Linberger (I think that is how it's spelled). It is probably the nastiest stuff on earth. Anyhow, I would recommend trying the Party Havarti if you can find it. Or if not just plain Havarti is really good too. I will think of some more recommendations to send your way.
Jared,
Hey, I miss all your cheesy jokes at work. Oh well! Hope you're liking Wisconsin, Kansas is pretty good, except the humidity. It's pretty horrible here!
SO JARED!!! We LOVE Gouda. Try it with some Tomato Basil Wheat Thin crackers if you want to change your life. Thanks for including us on your fun!
Post a Comment