Perhaps this a bit too far away.
Perhaps the aim on this one was a bit low.
Perfect. Well, almost.
Warming up.
Then it was off to Target for a new version of Target games. In the past we have played the classic where you split into two teams, each team collects 10 "difficult to find" objects, and then the teams race to see who can put the other team's objects back in the right place the quickest. Tonight's rules were that each team finds:*Something old (old fashioned, old looking, "old" in the title...anything to do with old)
*Something new (a new product, a new version, "new" in the title, etc.)
*Something borrowed (Get an object in the store that is not for sale. We wouldn't recommend this one. It is difficult to find something that isn't for sale that you don't feel like you are doing something wrong when you put it in your basket)
*Something blue
There was 50 points possible. 10 points for the best of each category (Brielle was our judge) and 10 points for collecting all 4 items the quickest.
Despite Jared's brilliant plan of having his helper (a darling three year old who happened to be the judge) help him choose each item, I won. Yep, that's right. Snagging the mirror from the jewelry section paid off (A bit high school, I know. That is why I wouldn't recommend it). So I got to choose the treat. Of course, I chose...Oreos!! Here are our children enjoying our spoils:
This picture reminds me of my two good friends from high school, Kandelyn and Krystal, who defined happiness as "smiling in the mirror after enjoying a delicious Oreo."
You might think this was the best part for them. It wasn't. It was the fact that they got to stay up until 10:00 playing games and eating cookies with Mom and Dad. Maybe we will need to do this more often than "annually." I'll tell you if we do after I have all day at home with tired children tomorrow. But truthfully, I think it will definitely be worth it.
14 comments:
you are so creative and fun! Can you do this withonly two people? It seems a bit lonely! I definitely want to try it out!
That looks like so much fun. We'll have to try this sometime. I love that it's "budget friendly" too!
Looks like a way fun night. Isn't fun as your kids get older and you actually get to do things WITH them?? I Love it.
You can totally do it with only two of you. It is fun to try an include the kids, but for me at least, I love the competitive banter that Jared and I have via cell phone as we play.
How fun Kristen!! Loved all the pictures of you and Jared and the cute oreo smiles!!
Sounds like so much fun! I'm sure our kids would love it.
And happiness IS seeing a mouth full of oreos. Although I might have to change the definition to be, "happiness is seeing your kids with oreos in their teeth." Too cute!
That is great old-fashioned fun! Great photography, Bri!!! You're awesome. What a fun adventure! So, so fun!
Cute new side posts, too!
That is so fun!! I think I'm going to have to steal some (nope all) your ideas! Is that okay? How would you rank it compared to taking say a mirror from the jewelry department at say Target?
Sounds like fun!! I love the Bri's photoshoot! She should definantly become a professional!
You are so cute and clever to come up with such fun games. What a great family activity. As they say "The family that plays together, stays together!"
What an awesome day. Congrats on your win! Double win! When I read posts like these I just really want to be part of the Mackrory Family! You guys always have a blast, don't you?
LOL!!! That is hilarious! I love those pictures. It sounds like you all had a fabulous time. Congrats on winning the paper airplane contest, glad to see there's one contest that's not banned. ;)
Such cute and fun games! And what a cute beginning photographer. Looks like you guys are having a great time. I also loved the "beach" photos. Just looks like a lot of fun family time and memories.
Post a Comment