Now we all know how Jared likes to wind down after a busy day.
Kristen--through Brielle's eyes.
(As I brake quickly, due to a car that looks like it is about to turn out in front of us) "Whoa, mom. You drive like a crazy lady!" I guess sometimes I do.
Brielle: "Look Mom! Nathan and I can kiss like a moms and dads!" (Don't worry. It is just a kiss on the lips! :) )
We kiss our kids on the cheeks instead of on the lips. Both kids have been known to make a game out of turning their heads just as we are about to kiss them in an effort to get a "lip kiss." Now they have figured out an easier solution I guess. Could this pose a problem for the future?
Nathan: We always know when Brielle is changing her clothes because we hear a high-pitched "TICKLE!!" from Nathan and Brielle screaming to get away from him. Whenever Brielle's tummy is showing, Nathan drops WHATEVER he is doing (even if he is eating a cookie or something else delicious) and takes off to capitalize on this opportunity to tickle his sister. We often have to "protect" Brielle to enable her to finish getting dressed. To show the depth of her concern about this, a few weeks ago we were shopping to find a new swimming suit for Brielle. We found a darling pink and green one (her 2 favorite colors). When she tried it on she noticed that it had a hole in the back as part of the style of the suit. She turned to me with concern in her eyes, "Mom, if I get this swimsuit, will Nathan tickle me?" When I answered "probably", the decision was made. We weren't getting that one.
One plus to this situation...it gives an extra incentive to always wear modest shirts! :)
And this one just because I thought it was cute. I came into the living room yesterday and found this:
7 comments:
That picture IS darling. You have taught them well. :) It is amazing how much they have grown up just in the past 2 and a half months since we've seen them in person. Especially Nathan. I think it is hilarious that the younger child has control over the older one in regards to the tickling-situation.
Well I think the kissing thing could need some addressing but it is cute that they figured that out - My kids also think a kiss on the lips are only for married people and everyone one else should kiss on the cheek. Lyman saw a kiss on the lips on tv and asked me if they were married. Also one day Andrew came home from work and forgot to kiss me hello again and about a half hour later at dinner -lyman reminded him that he was susposed to kiss me when he got home but he didnt. It made us glad to see he notices our ritualistic affections. Oh and tell Brielle we all knew you drove like a crazy lady- hee hee jk
Cute post! You are a clever writer, just like your Mom.
What a fun post! I love it! We've been saying for nearly two years now that Bri better watch out- her brother will someday get her back! That is so funny. I love the "Daddy chillin" picture and the story of your crazy lady driving. I love that Brielle and Nathan are reading and playing together.
I just LOVE that you are protecting Brielle from NATHAN! Was she not the same sister who would sit on his head (face down in the carpet). Life sure has a way of turning the tables. Kids are the best!
That was a cute post! If I posted the things my kids said you would question my parenting!!:)
LOL! What a cute post. I personally thought you were an excellent driver. Who taught Nathan how to tickle? I guess he's just getting even for always having been the smallest.
Post a Comment